Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think my dry eye is mostly past me now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sazy, I dont tolerate other contacts. so i guess i am the bunny here now.... i cant imagine what is different about them too, but since i try everything..... we will see.......? i guess if they really work for me, then they are really good

Comment

I also found relief...finally

It started 6mths ago ,just woke up and could'nt open my eyes from the dryness,I am menopausal,have mild roscea and have been on Doryx for 3 yrs,I went to 2 opthamologists and both said I had dry patches and to use drops.I went on internet for help and for 6 mths now I have been doing the warm compressers,expelling MG,flaxseed,humidifier,doryx,lid scrubs,eye gels at night.My eyesalways look tired,the skin under the eyes were dry and getting baggy,my eyes were always tearing and red.I could'nt have the house open because the wind would annoy me.Staying on computer for more than 15mins before using drops was unheard of.I would get severe infections at least 6 weekly.Then last week I thought that's it ,I am not going to live like this.So I stopped nearly all of it!My routine for the last week (which has resulted in clear,comfortable eyes,I've been on computer now for 1 hr without need for drops,my eyes feel normal and look normal)is this :I wash my face ,then I use lidcare sachets and clean only top lashes with eyes shut then rinse.Bottom lashes I use boiled cooled water with cotton bud to clean because I use to get the other stuff in my eyes sometimes when I did the bottom.When I am ready to go to bed I fill the bottom of a small esky with ice and sit a bowl of water in it with ice added,and 2 gauze pads.I put systane pres free eyedrops in,put squeezed gauze on each eye and go to sleep,if I wake up and the gauze is off,I just dip into the iced water again and reapply.No more eyes stuck at night,no red eyes of a morning.I feel almost cured.Hope this helps Nancy

Comment

I saw your posting about contact lens.
        I would like to ask, how about your light sensitive and easy tired?

Would you tired after 6:00pm?
        Would you able to use few hours of computer at night?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
          What is different about these than other contacts for dry eye?.

Ive tried every possible contact and my eyes are to dry for them, so cant imagine these would be much better.

Rubyslippers, could you tolerate other contacts?

Thanks
          I have never been able to tolerate soft contacts at all. Wore RGP's for years and then I could no longer tolerate them due to DES. I am now nearly at 8 mos. with these and still doing well. Yes, I still have dry eye, but no discomfort at all with the contacts on. I have symptoms when they are off.

Comment

Originally posted by hkgcomet View Post
            I saw your posting about contact lens.
            I would like to ask, how about your light sensitive and easy tired?

Would you tired after 6:00pm?
            Would you able to use few hours of computer at night?

Thanks
            Yep, unlimited computer use any time of day. No light sensitivity any more at all. I can stay up until midnight using the computer 4-5 hours straight--no discomfort.

Comment

Originally posted by rubyslippers View Post
              Yep, unlimited computer use any time of day. No light sensitivity any more at all. I can stay up until midnight using the computer 4-5 hours straight--no discomfort.
              I can also use few hours under fluroscent light but the result is I would change to a monster...

You eye don't change under white bright fluroscent light?
              My eye would have purple-red eye bag after evening.

Comment

I got a ugly dark eye bag and tired extra-small eye after half day of computer using even at a high humid/rainy day.

Moisture don't solve all problem...

Comment

Flax Seed Oil and Dry Eyes

To All with Dry Eyes:

I would be very careful using Flax Seed Oil. People with Allergies, Asthma or other respiratory ailments and those with possible complications of Acid Reflux should be very skeptical about the doctors who suggest taking this for dry eyes. Acid Reflux can be brought on by taking oils and this condition can lead to other problems - some being cancer of the esophagus and stomach. The Acid of the stomach from the oil can come up scarring the esophagus and narrowing the throat. Be careful.

hsum4

Comment

What types of omega-3 would be safe if one has a delicate stomach? I've had problems taking any and all kinds of oils before, including some in pill form. Thanks!

Comment

I have had severe acid reflux for several years. If anything, I find the flaxseed oil to be very soothing for it.

Comment

I am nearing my one year anniversary with my Synergeyes and just wanted to let everyone know I am as thrilled with them as ever. I no longer have any limitations due to dry eye. I can even be in a room with ceiling fans.

Comment

Congratulations! Appreciate your helping us so much!

Would you mind sharing again the name and address of your eye doctor, in case some of us would like to contact him for an appointment, etc.? He is so progressive.

Thanks!

Comment

Update 3 Years Later

I still have severe dry eyes. I cannot go without my Synergeyes for more than an hour or two without beginning to really suffer. With the Synergeyes, I can wear them 14-16 hours a day and mid-day I take them out, put Refresh in my eyes and then fill each lens with Refresh and pop them in. I have not had red eyes at all in over 2 years and no more eye infections or problems with pain during the night. If I go without them for any amount of time the symptoms start to build. I am still one VERY happy camper.

Comment

can you tell me who your doctor is? - I am willing to try anything and go anywhere. Thank you

Comment

rubyslippers, thank you for sharing this. I currently wear daily disposables only when I play sports for short periods of time and then have to take them out right away because they are so irritating. Do you know if there are any "qualifications" to wear synergeyes or if I just simply ask my doctor to prescribe them for me? I've never worn RGP lenses before. Also is there anything else you do for your DES besides the contacts these days?

Comment

Working...
                                X