No announcement yet.

mgd & nac-l-cysteine. Something helped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgd & nac-l-cysteine. Something helped!

Quick note to say... anyone with mgd... I been on omega 3 (1000mg x 2 day) nac (2x day) for over 6 months - almost a year infact...now... also doing hot compress (Hot tea bag inside plastic sandwich bags) every night.. And another strange thing which i think may be connected - No sunbathing (due to mild rosacea) for past two months (i live in hot country - and love my tanning!!)
    And - wow - my eyes feel a million times better. only doing hot compress few times a week now.. Even managing contact lenses couple of times a week too!!
    if you are currently taking these supps and have mgd I would say persevere - it takes time for your body to start showing the real benefits. I say if your eyes were normal before - they gotta be able to go back to how they were.. I know everyone is different..But if you keep the detective hat on and persevere I believe we can all get to the root cause of what is causing our discomfort!!
    good luck
    Amy
    x x
    ps also stopped taking contraceptive pill and refuse to take antibiotics - I believe that, for me, these two syntheic chemicals played a big part in unbalancing my body - especially eyes!

What is nac?

What is nac?

Comment

NAC Dosage?

Rewstar - This is such great news and gives hope to all of us with ocular rosaceans that are still in the early months of takng these supplements. I too take Omega 3's (about 4000mg/day) and NAC. What is your daily NAC dosage? I am doing 600mg per day.

Thanks,
      Gretchen.

Comment

Nac

There are 2 chemicals that get abbreviated "NAC", one has been studied for reducing cataracts, the other is helpful for dry eyes. The one that is supposed to help with cataracts is N-Acetyl Carnosine and is typically administered in custom compounded drops.

The one for dry eyes is N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, it's available at health food stores, typicallly in 600mg capsules. It is apparently a precursor to Glutathione. I have been using NAC, one capsule in the morning, for about a month. I think it is helping to improve my tear quality by reducing mucins in my tears.

Comment

Working...
        X