No announcement yet.

A local farmer saved my eyes....maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes several times, without anaesthesia i am 20 in both eyes. With anaesthesia i am 10 in both eyes, so definitely not aqueous deficient lol. I know its MGD, absolutely no doubt about it.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

On day 12 of Opatanol. Nothing has changed. Actually my eyes gets a little irritaded of it. Guess its the preservation that burns? Allergy conjunktivis has many symptoms that i dont have so i am skeptical...

Sazy//Did you have contact lenses when your problems started? Have you ever consider "Giant papillary conjunctivitis" (GPC)? Is the diagnos that most consistent with my symptoms. Im not sure how GPC affect the tearfilm and the glands but mine problem started with contact lenses, blurred vision etc. Now i also know i have the allergy papilles. Maybe the inflammation from my contact lenses stills there eight month after quiting them?

Comment

Im confused. On day 14 of opatanol something happend. I felt good, i mean good for real. I had perfect vision and no dry eye symptoms. And i also think my eyes was a little bit more white (One of my most annoying "vains" was nearly not visible).

On day 18 i woke up and DES was back. Not in an ugly way but worse than before Opatanol. Its was so annoying! Maybe i am allergic to something but what? Would my eyes get whiter if it wasnt for allergies? Would i feel good if it wasnt for allergies? Maybe the tenderness i sometimes get in the gum isnt because of inflammation (last time i checked the dentist told me it was perfect). Could it be allergy? Im starting to suspect my coffeymachine (Bought it one month before my DES started). Maybe fresh coffey on beans is different from coffey based on powder in a negative way?

Im now on day 21 and its starts to turn to the better again. I will definitely continue with Opatanol. The negative burning (BAK?) is gone now so i will use the last drops and then switch to BAK-free Lomudal.

Comment

Update

Well, im doing the opatanol thing. I am on day 49 now (54 days minus 5 days Lomudal). I have had two periods of good days; Day 14-18 and Day 38-43. Both times i had perfect vision and only very mild dry eyes at the morning. Now my eyes feel like they did with the flaxseed. Good trough the day but bad at morning and evening.

Since my condition is so good (mild dry eyes), i went to the optician to test the new true eye silicion lenses that is released in Sweden today (released in United States 2007-2008). It turned out that i could wear these without blurrines which was great, but as with all other lenses the dried my eyes out after only 1-2 hours. Back to my glasses again thus.

My optician also checked my eyelids, and she said they looked good. "Minimal irritated" she said. Perhaps Opatanol slowly eliminates the pappils in someway? I will continue for another 40 days i guess.

Edit: I also want to mention the 5 days of Lomudal. That was maybe the worst thing i done to my eyes. Lomudal totally dried my eyes out and the tears flowed constantly! That was from day one. After five days i had enough so i returned to Opatanol and my eyes went back to "normal".

Comment

update

One last update in this thread:

Since the last post, it has been a rollercoaster. I did Opatanol in 73 days. I had two short periods that were really good, but otherwise there was no huge difference. Eyes are still very dry morning,evening and in front of a computer. Just a little better for one-two hour after using opatanol. I started with flaxseed again and i now know for sure it helps me, unfortunately it doesnt solve my problem totally.

In the middle of the opatanol-period i tried TrueEye one-day lenses and Lomudal. Both was poision for my eyes (as i wrote in an earlier post).

Today, 29 / 6, I visited my ophthalmologist. Inflammation of the eyelid had become better. My ophthalmologist also said that I had problems with oil production due to inflammation. Seems like im walking down the same path as many other, from a diagnos of allergy to a more specifik MGD-diagnos. My ophthalmologist didnt wanted to call it MGD / mebomits, she said blefarit/blepharitis. However, I have no flaking, flakes, or anything else that is typical for blepharitis besides inflammation. The most interesting part of the visit was that my TBUT-test showed normal results for the first time in 2 years. I hade more than 10 seconds for both eyes (she said no exact numbers). I also made a Rose Bengal test, which showed 1 on left and 2 on the right. THIS RESULTS IS GREAT!. But despite this, I feel still very dry morning and evening, and daytime in an office or in front of computer so I find it difficult to feel joy over this result. Maybe my glands recovering slowly?

I also want to mention and recommend a one-day lens i could wear 3-4 hours without irritation: 2 avucuve Moist one day. It feels almost soothing when you put it in the eye (Like a good eyedrop when eyes are really dry).

My next step to get rid of the inflammation is to test Azitromax/Zithromax. But im not sure that i have enough courage to do that. See this thread for more info.
            http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=9015

Comment

Oral health & dry eye

Sazy123,
              I think the bleeding gums is gingervistas as you said before.
              I use listerine mouth was as a general health regime. I find that using it morning and night after brushing my teeth makes my mouth feel better and may help with my eyes but not sure. It will certainly help with the bleeding gums though after long term use I believe.
              The flaxseed oil has helped me. I have noticed an improvement, but has not cured this horrible curse. I do not use the capsules, I use a bottle of flaxseed oil unrefined and cold pressed, so it's like a syrup. I take a table spoon in the morning and a table spoon at dinner. The capsules did nothing for me, only the bottle.
              I am in Australia, the brand we have is Melrose Flaxseed Oil. I found it in a health shop, the pharmacies didn't have it, only the capsules which did nothing.

I hope this is helpful!

Comment

what is a rose bengal test? and why did you take a test like that? I thought a normal BUT was around 30...

Comment

Visit at the flaxseed farm

Today i visited the farmer and bought som flaxseed oil bottles direct from his small factory. He and his wife did a little tour and showed me the process. Their bottles consisting of 99.8% flaxseed oil which apparently is unique in the healthindustry. Last week some japanese company visited them and they have obviously received a lot of appreciation over the world. In Germany for example a medical company buys from them. The company uses flaxseed oil as a base of som new medicine against cancer. They also sometimes get visits from one of Sweden's health experts (named Anna Skipper) who buys the product and sells its under own name (by replacing the labels).

Unfortunately both the farmer and his wife are old and tired. When i asked them about the poor marketing of the product they told me that they dont have the knowledge or the energy to do that. After i told them my story they asked me if i wanted to market their product. First i sad no (because i have lots of other plans) but then i started to consider that idea. Maybe i should do that? Not to make money because I do not think the are much money in it but more to share my experience and to help other sufferers, especially to Swedish suffers from dry eye syndrome that doesnt know that flaxseed oil can be a very good complement.

The farmer and his wife had never heard about flaxseed and dry eyes. So they were very interested. They promised me to check it out on the internet.

Anyway, I bought 4 bottles for 40 dollars. On the internet 4 bottles costs 62,50 dollar and that doenst include shipment.

Comment

Originally posted by sanna View Post
                    what is a rose bengal test? and why did you take a test like that? I thought a normal BUT was around 30...
                    A normal TBUT is over 10 seconds. Rose Bengal test is also a dry eye test. Googled it and you find som info.

Comment

Working...
                    X