IPL in Boston??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL in Boston??

I have heard that Dr. Toyos is training doctors around the country; does anyone know if he has trained anyone in Boston? I think I read something about a doctor coming to Boston for a training session, so one would assume that someone would be doing it here soon?

Thanks in advance!

i dunno, but i was in toyos office when they were training someone....why dont u just call their office.....u can google toyos clinic.....their really nice....

Comment

Dr. Toyos is doing a training session for Boston doctors on April 12.

Comment

Thanks! How did you find that out? I did call their office and the woman just told me how people fly from all over the country to get their treatments with Dr. Toyos. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money for a treatment that may or not help me, so for me it's really only realistic to get it done in Boston or the area.

Rob, how did you find that out?! Do you know how to find out what doctors he will be training by any chance? Thanks again!

Comment

PM'd you. Rob

Comment

I am very interested in this too, would this mean these Doctors would then incorporate IPL into their practices? I also called Dr. Toyos' office and they basically told me to fly to TN which I cant afford for the multiple sessions.

Comment

B-Eye,

Ha, they told me the same thing! The thing about IPL is that lots of doctors are skeptical that it is anything more than a business ploy. That said, some people claim to really have been helped by it. If there is really any promise in it, I think Boston area docs will start performing it soon.

Comment

i dont know if it's a cure, that's still tbd, and personally i hate eye pain so i would like to be where everyone in the world is at...but IPL alone has brought me from absurd MGD dry eye to frustrating, but tolerable dry eye. my glands are much more squishy sounding and open

Comment

Wow Michael. That is good to know. How many treatments have you had with Dr. Toyos? Were you aqueous deficient as well or only oil deficient? I am both unfortunately. Has your TBUT actually gone up? Sorry for all the questions.

Comment

5 with assil...i'm not gonna write a review until after i reach the endpoint, so I can give it a fair review (whether that's full relief or i plateau symptomatically). i'm guessing I have some aqueous deficiency but i mostly have MGD, outer eyelid glands still feel sluggish. yeah tbut has gone up, and tear film is far most stable, but my eyes have almost always 'looked' perfect. but it's obvious that it's the IPL that worked because i could hear my glands pop open after some treatments, when i do warm compresses now the oil flows out (it's thick in some places and still sluggish in others), whereas before nothing was coming out. and most importantly my eyes feel SO much 'glossier.' took 3+ treatments to notice the tiniest difference, still hopeful of a full recover. also, IPL docs the only ones to explain a) my pain and b) why one eye worse than the other

also i'm in my early 20s

Comment

I am in my 20s too and this is not fun. Glad you are seeing improvement though; hope it continues. Keep us updated!

Comment

Thanks for your posts, Michael. A lot of us considering IPL would love to hear more about your experience. Does it hurt? Were you startled the first time? Do your lid margins "look" less red than before you started IPL? Rob

Comment

hi Rob,

I'm going to wait until i reach my endpoint to give a full analysis because it has been incredibly up and down both physically and emotionally, but I also have enjoyed significant improvement so I wanted to let you guys know. the IPL does hurt but its bearable. yes my margins have improved tremendously, i have less signs of posterior blepharitis. most importantly, my lids feel much 'younger' and i can actually hear the open glands, and can now feel some glands producing better, warmer oil than others. its hard to say if i get can full 100% improvement, but i'm still optimistic! pm me if you have any more Q's

Comment

I was going to go to Assil in LA/Beverly Hills for IPL treatments until I got an email from them just two days ago telling me that each treatment costs $750. That's outrageous!!!

Comment

IPL Boston

I don't know if I need to start a new thread, or if it's ok to start this one up again. I was curious if anyone had any new information about IPL in Boston? Traveling for all of the treatments is so costly (although the pain is enough to make me consider it).

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X