No announcement yet.

Going to the U.S, what doctors to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what places specifically but probably going to start with NY, L.A and Miami

Comment

Contact www.OCDryEyeSupportGroup.org for our many referrals in Southern California and a schedule of our meetings for 213

Comment

Alex--if you are going to be in the Los Angeles area the best ophthalmologist i can recommend is Dr. Neda Shamie at the Doheny Eye Institute in Beverly Hills. My regular ophtho. sent me to her for my dry eye, MGD, corneal damage and general inflammation. She is an excellent diagnostician with great understanding and compassion--also a great personality. I saw her in late Feb. and she said she had great success treating dry eye. She gave me info and prescriptions for autologous serum and also said a scleral lens could help. I opted for serum. If you are not familiar with it, it is made from your own blood serum so is non-allergenic and preservative free. It has nutrients, growth and healing factors,anti-inflammatories and antimicrobials none of which can be found in OTC or other prescription drops. That is why the usual drops only work for a short time. Believe me, I have tried many & been disappointed. I started the serum in early March & it really did fix the eye problems I had been enduring for 19 months. From the 1st drop I could feel and see the difference. It is a 50%solution; 1 drop 4x a day. I got 15 bottles; they must be kept frozen; the bottle in use needs to be refrigerated. One bottle lasts a week then is discarded.If you are travelling that might be a problem. It is worth discussing this with any doctor you decide to see over here. Thre are numerous articles on line that give lots more info. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X