Dr latkany visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr latkany visit

Hi ...I went to Boston/ny last week and thought I would post my experiences. First at Boston I saw drs. Jacobs and Kwaok. They determined I was not a candidate for prose because I still had pain with the lenses in. They sent me for a corneal scan at mass eye and ear to see if I have corneal neuralgia.
    Dr. Latkany. Does not believe in corneal neuralgia. He looked at my eyes and said I'm not aqueous deficient but might have allergies, even thought I've been tested multiple times with no results. He said to try once a day soft lenses for 3 weeks. If they help then my problem is exposé. Ie big eyes and not closing all the way. If they don't help then its an allergy that's rare and not tested for.
    Oh dr. Jacobs recommended neurontin or lyrics, lacertics, steroids, and serum.

Boston was a great experience and I felt like they really cared. Dr. Latkany was interesting but I don't know if I would Tavel cross country to see him again. He did give me a name of a good allergist that tests for everything bit he's in NYC. Anyone know someone out west?

Pm me if you have any questions about my trip and visits.

I am very curious about what allergy tests are recommended. I'm so confused about ALCAT, ELISA, TRUE etc. Which one really 'works' properly? Let us know what you find out and decide on, please.

Comment

I am very interested why he thinks you have a big eyes...Do you have a low lids retraction ?

Comment

I don't know any good allergists out west so I'll have to wait for a trip back east to betested. Big eyes not eyeballs is what I think he meant. So there is more surface for them to get dry?

Comment

So Kate, I know you have mentioned that you have ocular rosacea.. Did he agree with this? Or just allergies and large eye surface? I have small eyes and am still in pain..

Comment

He said I might but its mild roseacea because i have no facial signs. I'm more of a flusher than the red bumps roseacea. He also told me not to express my lids anymore which I thought was weird because his book is all about that. And he said my meibomian glands were diseased and not producing good oil

Comment

i feel like he also tells lots of ppl on here to get off restasis, though in his book, he calls it a "miracle drug" -basically i mean. I don't understand, wouldnt not expressing make them worse eventually? oh the confusion... at least allergies is better than rosacea. now you just have to find what that allergy is...im sure some allergist in new york will figure it out.. i have a basic allergy test booked for next week as i have never been tested. i think my problems stem from my skin (acne prone) and MGD. My eye problems started once my skin was clear...makes no sense.

Annoying!

Comment

Possibly he learned that restasis not a 100% option for everyone ?

Comment

I wish my doctor learned that lol... I'm still using it at night but my eyes look worse on it..more inflamed, no idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
                    I wish my doctor learned that lol... I'm still using it at night but my eyes look worse on it..more inflamed, no idea why.
                    Did you try Genteal gel ? It is unbelievable that all doctors told me to do a worm compress but the only cold one works..just try to experiment.
                    I am so thankful to everyone here on this forum. You guys are the BEST !!! I learned so much from so many of you !!

Comment

I have the genteel gel drops.. They are o.k. Not my favourite. Dog2012 what do you use? (Meds, vitamins ect.) Have you found "the thing" that works for you?

Comment

o..boy i have a multiple problems...including low lids retraction..Very little water and oil...try to tape eye lids but still very dry in the morning...the only think what works is genteel gel drops for this application
                        During the day i take a lot of thinks....too long list...But what i believe is really help is Hylo forte, Thealoz and Blephaclean..Also i am trying to get or to make myself Probiotic eye drops ..does someone know how to ?
                        Still in pain and discomfort ..
                        Every morning don't won't to get up to deal with all of this..Live lost sense.

Comment

Spmcc- what's alcat and the Elisa tests?

Comment

thats interesting about the allergies. I tested once & was found to have no allergies but I sometimes wonder about the accuracy of those tests.
                            miserable in Miami...

Comment

Working...
                            X