Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont understand

Hi,
    I'm also suffering from redness. No social lifea anymore and depressed all the time. I have also thought of taking surgery, to be exactly, Im dreaming of taking some surgery to remove the redness.
    But I guess it doesnt help at all to remove one or more vessles there. Nobody can guarantee that besides those vessles new big vessels build again. Specially when we have pink eyes, whats the use to just remove one or two vessels?
    Theres really one time that I dont have red vessels at all. That's the time that I've taken Doxycline for about 3 weeks. Suddenly, one day, the last vessel disappear and my eyes are very white. But that doesnt last long because the dryness is getting even worse without the inflammation and I almost couldnt keep my eyes open. Well thats another story but what I want to say is, maybe it doesnt help at all to cut the vessels.
    2 Possibilities: get healthy tear again, or hide the vessels.
    When they can insert something untransparent under the scleral sothat the growing vessels wont be seen from outside, I would try it!

Comment

Show us those peepers???? Awww, go on

Hey folks

Just an idea. Are you confident enough to post a pic of your eye/eyes?

I'm just working off the basis that you may feel they are a lot worse then they actually are.

I'm not belittling your problems (I was checking my eyes in the mirror all the time a few weeks back, I try not to do it so often now) but I'm sure in a lot of our cases, we would be the first people to admit that your eyes probably look worse to you than anyone else, simply because you are so worried about their appearance.

I've been open about it all with my colleagues (about 15 of them) and every day they ask me how they are and have been really supportive, and they notice on the days that they are looking better.

Just an idea, perhaps it will boost your confidence if others can tell you your eyes really don't look as bad to the outside world as you think they are?

Comment

Believe me, my eyes look bad...or how can eyes look good if there are blood vessels all over? But I'll make a photo tomorrow....

Comment

Still Wondering About Procedure

Kyle, Rebecca, and Faithlies,

First of all, Thank you for engaging in these types of threads. Your insight and opinions are always welcome. This website really has been the best way to communicate our situations and gain much needed support and information. I told my business partner today that I have learned that the only people that know how I feel are people that are in the battle themselves. I am 29 years old and it has taken hold like nothing else in my life. I always joked that the tatoo on my arm was the most permanent thing that I would do (besides my marriage of course ). Let's hope that is still the case.
          I still want to know what type of procedure(s) we are talking about that can remove some of the superficial veins in the conjunctiva and who do I need to see to check this out? I have read about argon laser photocoagulation and one person wrote about getting them cut away. My problems lie in the exposed conjuctiva and mostly on the nasal side. You would think that even if we haven't found the magic wand to kick start our lachrymal glands that as smart and vain as we are as a human race that there would be a simple procedure to at least get rid of stupid, irritating, and inflamed blood vessels on our eyeballs.
          Thanks, DN

Comment

Okay, so I made three pics of my eyes and found out that it is quite difficult...here are the links, but in reality they look a lot more red. Anyway, maybe you have some ideas against this horrible redness. It drives me mad. I could live with the pain but I cannot live with the redness!!!

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=DSCF2338.jpg
            http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=DSCF2337.jpg
            http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=DSCF2336.jpg

Does ocular rosacea look like this???

Comment

Stephgurl, is that you in the picture? You are beautiful.

I know it's hard. But I promise you, looking at those pictures, your eyes are honestly, honestly not going to look abnormaly red to other people.

I know you say the pics probably make them look better than they are in real life.

If it makes you feel better, mine looked probably worse than that, with red rings around the base of one or both irises on some days.

Can I ask, has the doctor said anything about your Meibomian glands or lack of oil in your tears? Are you doing warm compresses?

Also, do you wear contact lenses? And are you using lots of different eye drops? Are they preservative free?

I ask because I am allergic to preservatives and the redness in your pictures is in the same pattern as mine was. I thought my eyes would never look white again.

For the past two days, I've been doing warm compresses (facecloth in very warm water) on my eyes, morning and night for at least one minute. Today, I did them for about five minutes.

I thought I'd never wear my contact lenses again until yesterday, when my optician a) noticed I had some blocked Meibomian glands in both eyes and b) that I was allergic to my contact lens solution.

After the warm compresses last night and this morning, I have put no drops in my eyes. Not one.

I woke up this morning and my eyes were clear. Having changed my contact lens solution to a peroxide-based one, I put my contact lenses in.

My eyes are today whiter than they have been for months. I think this problem with the preservative in the solution has been bothering my eyes for more than I'd realised. It's probably been before Christmas since my eyes have been as white as they are today!

I hope this makes you feel better. If you can cut out drops with preservatives (if you are using them) you may find some relief. If you use contact lenses, look at changing the solution. Try the warm compresses if you are not already. Only use drops sparingly if at all if you possibly can without discomfort.

I'm sure you may find there are other options and remedies open to you other than surgery.

You are a really, really beauiful girl. I hope you feel happier soon!

Comment

Look not very serious though

Hi,
                I think that looks ok. When I work with computer or in shopping center more than 30min my eyes look much worse.. But I think the vessel net on the corner (near to your ear) is due to allergy. I got that in the spring when I have allergy problem. Its kind of allergy inflammation.
                And I think your eyes arent very dry, at least they look watery.

Comment

guys you should remember that the photo camera (usually also the flash of it) make them look a lot whiter ..!

Comment

yes, francesco is right, the flash makes my eyes look whiter than they are in real. And a lot of people ask me why my eyes are so red, so people notice it.
                    But the weird thing is, my eyes aren't that horrible dry and my belpharitis isn't that bad either but my eyes are soooooooo red and inflammed. I only use preservative-free drops (except Dwelle) and I haven't worn my contact lenses for 2.5 years now....and doctors say I don't have allergies.
                    Warm compresses don't help me at all, they just make my eyes more red which means more pain for me! :-(
                    The blood vessels you see in the outer side of the eyes are the ones the doctor wanted to cut away because they create such a huge pressure.
                    Anyway, I'm happy about every suggestion you make, maybe somebody has experienced the same kind of redness and has found a solution.

Comment

Oh Stephgurl, I feel so bad for you

If you say your eyes aren't that dry, is it even feasible that you could go without drops, say for a day just at first?

Believe me, three days ago I didn't think that was possible.

Three eye doctors and two nurses missed my blocked Meiobian glands, only my optician noticed yesterday.

Are you doing warm compresses? Also, do you take Omega 3 oils, either in capsules or plenty of oily fish?

I'm grasping at things here for you. But my eyes haven't been so clear since I STOPPED all drops. I've put nothing in all day today and all day yesterday, only the warm compresses. I'm also taking 600mg of Omega 3+ per day.

Comment

No, I don't think I could live without drops. Even though my eyes aren't that dry(according to doctos) my blood vessels fill with blood very fast, which means that I have to use drops to improve the pressure feeling. I used to use TheraTear every 15mins but since I read a thread of Dr. Holly saying that it is bad to overuse drops I try to only use them every 1-2hours.
                        I believe my eyes are like that: There are blood vessels (they were there even without having dry eyes at the age of 13) and then the eye becomes dry and the fill with more blood which creates a horrible pressure, I use drops, which means less blood, less pressure but a few minutes later the blood vessels become worse again...

Comment

When you say pressure, could that also be described as a "tightness" around your eye/eyes?

I was getting that until I've been doing the hot compresses to unblock the glands. Bear in mind I was also getting similar redness to yours...just an idea

Comment

stephgurl1986 i have mild mgd too and red eyes like you....i'm currently using a steroid (lotemax) ...i ll use it for 1 month and the slowly taper ....i'm on the 5th day of use and i see no improvement but my doctor told me i should wait at least 20 days cause the inflammation has been there for too much years! ..i'm praying that something changes! ...have you ever tried an anti-inflammatory therapy??? ..anyone with redness should try to reduce it cause that means having chronic dry eye and inflammation damages lacrimal glands!!!!

Comment

I've used Restasis for 6 months and after that 2% Cyclosporine. I stopped it two months ago and my eyes haven't become worse so I assume that cyclosporine didn't help me at all. But I haven't tried steroids for a longer period (only for a few day). Are yours preservative-free? I remember that I always thought that steroid wouldn't help me but I think I was only allergic to the preservative...

Comment

Originally posted by faithlies View Post
                                When you say pressure, could that also be described as a "tightness" around your eye/eyes?

I was getting that until I've been doing the hot compresses to unblock the glands. Bear in mind I was also getting similar redness to yours...just an idea
                                No, I wouldn't say it feels like that. It's more like as if somebody would press his finger on my eye. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X