where to do laser surgery against red veins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephgurl1986 View Post
    I've used Restasis for 6 months and after that 2% Cyclosporine. I stopped it two months ago and my eyes haven't become worse so I assume that cyclosporine didn't help me at all. But I haven't tried steroids for a longer period (only for a few day). Are yours preservative-free? I remember that I always thought that steroid wouldn't help me but I think I was only allergic to the preservative...
    Unfortunately Lotemax has BAK...but it shouldn t be a problem ....you are not going to use it for months ..and also i'm only using 2 drops everyday....anyway i'm your same situation...write me a p.m. if you want we can keep in touch (i'm 23!) ciao

Comment

My veins in my eyes are much worse. I also have very red lid margins and I have also lost a lot of my eye lashes. I know what you mean by hating this situation. I have people look at me like I'm on drugs or that I have been out all night drinking. I even brought a note from my eye doctor to my boss so she wouldn't think I was on drugs. I would be very scare to have anymore surgery on my eyes.

Comment

Does anybody know if ocular rosacea looks like this???

Comment

Still Looking for Info

Maya & Stephgurl,

I am still trying to figure out exactly what the procedures were that you had or are going to have to remove some of the problematic veins on your conjuctiva. Is it a complete removal or something like laser/light coagulation?
          How common is it? And lastly, SIGN ME UP!!!

Comment

No laser, my doc said he could cut away the big blood vessels in my left eye.

Comment

Hi Stephgurl

There were also a time that I felt my eyes were not so dry and I just got redness. I took Doxycycline for about 3 weeks. In the end I got very white eyes but that didnt last long because my eyes were very very dry( much drier than with inflammation). I guess the dryness brings inflammtion and inflammation brings some tear, thats why we dont feel dryness that much.

Comment

Hi Stephgurl

Maybe you should try some anti inflammation drops. If you have the other part of your eyes white again and the vessels there still visible that means you should remove them. If they disappear you shouldnt just remove them, because its not garuanteed that vessels wont build again.

Comment

I've tried cyclosporine over a year and it didn't improve my redness - are there any other anti-inflammation drops?

Comment

Hi

You have to ask a doctor. There's a new product against inflammation and pink eyes, called Azist or something, maybe you should try that.
                    ps:Recently I got the same vessel nets in my right eye, in the outer corner. Maybe Im using computer too much these days.

Comment

I was wondering how Stephgurl is doing? Did you have the surgery done to have the veigns removed?

Comment

I'm not an eye doctor, but it looks to me like Steph has pinguecula, which is quite common and easily removed by doctors who actually know what it is!

Comment

There is a surgery available to remove enlarged eye veins

Hi everyone,

Just read an interesting article about this subject and there are actually two eye doctors currently performing this eye vein removal surgery in the U.S. It’s kind of expensive unfortunately ($3000 to $5000 per eye), but might be worth it for some of us whose self esteem is suffering horribly because of this issue. You can read more here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Veins-on-Eyes

If anyone is brave enough to go through with one of these surgeries, please share your experience and results with the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                            Hi everyone,

Just read an interesting article about this subject and there are actually two eye doctors currently performing this eye vein removal surgery in the U.S. It’s kind of expensive unfortunately ($3000 to $5000 per eye), but might be worth it for some of us whose self esteem is suffering horribly because of this issue. You can read more here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Veins-on-Eyes

If anyone is brave enough to go through with one of these surgeries, please share your experience and results with the rest of us!

This article is very enlightening. There is someone on another thread who had the surgery in New York.
                            I think I must have gotten the problem from playing too long in the summer at the beach when I was a girl; I never had sunglasses on, and sometimes I wonder if a fever I had when I had the measles may have caused the vessels to enlarge.

Comment

I know that removal of veins might seem drastic but I totally understand that being unhappy with your eyes can be totally consuming because I often find myself in that situation. I don't consider this vain (no pun intended) because unlike many other forms of cosmetic surgery, you are not seeking to look different, but actually just trying to restore your appearance to a state of looking normal. By normal I mean how you looked before. I have looked up procedures like I-BRITE and Iso white and have come to the conclusion that I would not feel safe going to these guys because their practices are not medicaly endorsed. I have written to a couple of places such as London's Moorfields eye hospital and found that they are able to remove veins on the conjunctiva easily. These doctors are trained to do so because they also use the same procedures on people with pterygiums. I believe with the right research you can find a qualified surgeon. I am saving up for this procedure.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Has anyone that had red veins been able to get them removed? Did the eye vein removal surgery prove to be successful?

Comment

Working...
                                X