FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK SAZY FOR POINTING OUT THIS DOCTOR AND HIS TREATMENT!!!!!!

Well, I finally had the appointment today with Dr. Toyos. I am exhausted and will write something more comprehensive tomorrow. But, I have to say that I definitely like the doctor. He seems very professional, intelligent, and caring. The office was the most amazing doctors office I have ever been to...beautiful...

Anyway, Dr Toyos spent 2 hours with me, exclusively (not running between patients like other doctors do) he read my long letter and I let him know my concerns about my glands due to a short run of accutane 15 yrs ago and Lasik 10 years ago. Then, he examined my eyes and skin and stated that I was an ideal patient for his treatment with fitzpatrick 1 skin, tenelgesia and rosacea signs, as well as 90 percent of my meiombian glands were blocked. I couldnt believe it-90 percent blocked? With all the treatments I was doing this was hard to believe. Dr. Toyos stated that he could often get 60-and usually 90 percent of the lower glands open and functioning and this was enough for symptom relief. He believed that treating the tiny vessels that made my glands inflammed would also help the functioning of the glands.

Dr. Toyos also went over my entire regimin and made changes- for now-no drops (and I just started the Freshkote) he stated he could see signs of a slight allergy component and he wants no pets in my bed, no sleeping mask, and for me to wash my hair before bed and keep my linens very clean. Dr. Toyos also said no compresses or steaming until he tells me otherwise- I think he sees no point in this until he gets the glands open and pumping. He also said to eat salmon 5 times a week, take flax powder, eat red grapes and drink tons of water.

As far as if this will relieve my pain- Dr Toyos said that he cant guarantee that but he said that 90 percent of my glands being blocked is making the surface of my eye very compromised, dry and irritated. The obvious answer would be that if he got these pumping again then yes, Id feel alot better.

As for the treatment, it was a bit painful. I was so glad though to feel just how close he got to the lashline, if not in the lashline itself. The warmth/burning was worth it because after when he examined my glands he muttered to himself, "great" and "excellent" while pushing on my glands. He told me my glands were responding as he hoped.

So, that was it. I am scheduled to go back in a month for another treatment. Today I paid $375.

I asked him many of your questions and the ones I missed he said to email to him. I will write more tomorrow.

I am shocked about all my blocked glands but hopeful for this treatment.....oh, and the bonus is that he said it would make the skin under my eyes look better too

Still, it is scary to give up my DE routine- even though simplifying seems tempting in and of itself....