Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Study Data

Rebecca:

As I said, it was an informal study done with my office staff and patients. I'll ask my office manager to compile the information for you.

Eric Kahle

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
    Absolutely fine, I didn't expect something destined for a peer-reviewed publication. Studies don't have to be expensive to produce meaningful data. People here (including me) are always interested in data and presumably there are some? For example, what was specific the condition(s) of these patients? anterior bleph? posterior? rosacea? how severe? What sort of survey was used to measure their symptoms, how much improvement was there and for how long? etc.

Thanks again.

Comment

Aqueous deficient

Originally posted by 20/20_Hindsight View Post
      Would this TLC ointment be of any benefit for a person who is aqueous deficient?

Dry eye syndrome, regardless of the diagnosis, is as frustrating for the physician as it is for the patient. Each treatment plan is tailored to the individual needs of the patient. There is no single "cure." I do have patients who are aqueous deficient that have reported being more comfortable since using the ointment at bedtime. They do supplement with artificial tears, warm compresses, etc during the day.

If your current treatment plan is working I would not necessarily advise adding another product.

Eric Kahle

Comment

Manufacturing process

Originally posted by odydnas View Post
        I am interested in seeing studies as well.

Also, this was on the website: "TLC is made in a sanitary but not sterile environment."

I personally do not feel comfortable with putting anything in my eyes or on my eyelid margines that is not sterile. Many of us have severe dry eyes (not the regular run of the mill dry eye that everyone seems to have) and are on Restasis, so we're very susceptible to infections. How can this possibly be safe?
        Other than with single use vials, the fact of the matter is once you open any multi use "sterile" container it is no longer considered "sterile."

TLC is manufactured under strict conditions which I supervise. I would not, nor would I have my family, friends, and patients use a product I did not feel was safe.

To date, there have been no reported infections or problems from the use of TLC.

Eric Kahle

Comment

Petrolatum based products

There should be no problem using a petrolatum based product to treat dry eye/blepharitis/meibomitis as oils mix with oils. The idea is to help the malfunctioning meibomian glands by doing warm compresses, lid massage and supplementing with lubricating drops and ointment.
          EKahle

Originally posted by Chemia
          Dr Kahle, I came across this very informative article about the misuse of gels and ointments for patients with meibomian gland disease. My question is since the product does contain pertolatum could rubbing the ointment on the lids cause more problems for our malfunctioning meibomian glands. In the article it states that ointments could clog the meibomian glands further in the long run. I would like to try your product but nervous after reading the article. Thanks

http://www.eyeworld.org/article.php?sid=4449

Comment

There are some of us who cannot tolerate anything that contains petrolatum at all - irrespective of whether it does any harm or not.

I had a dreadful time with Optimmune and had to discontinue using it.

As you rightly said, there is no single cure.

Comment

has anyone tried this yet?

total lid care? how did you do?

Comment

It is sitting on my dresser

Hi Regina.

I was so excited to receive my TLC in the mail. But I have had mixed feelings since opening the package and reading the text "this product has been manufactured in a clean, but not sterile environment". I know that many lotions, makeup, etc that we put near our eyes are probably not sterile, but that statement on a product that I was going to be putting on my lid margins scared me.

The last thing I need on top of everything else is an eye infection.

Am I being unreasonable or overreacting? It is possible because according to my husband, I haven't been myself since this whole eye problem surfaced.

Comment

Very happy with the results of the TLC ointment

Originally posted by regina View Post
                  total lid care? how did you do?
                  I have been using the TLCointment for quite a while now. My eyes have felt more comfortable than they have in years. The nice thing is that this ointment is very smooth (for lack of any other way to describe it), not like other ointments that feel goopy. A little amount is all you need. In the morning I do my warm compress and I am good to go. I have found that I don't have to supplement with my genteal drops quite as often during the day since I started the ointment - sometimes I even go all day (weather permitting of course). Honestly though, it did take about 3 weeks of using it at bedtime before I really noticed a big difference in my comfort level during the day.

Comment

What do people think about Total Lid Care?

Has anyone tried this recently? I haven't heard much about it since its introduction. I am going to try to order some and give it an honest attempt.

If anyone has any feedback about their experience with Total Lid Care, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X