Newly Diagnosed with Dry eye and looking for some insight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa

I also went through a battery of tests several years ago - but nothing conclusive. Of course I was relieved that they found nothing major - but at the same time, I was hoping they would get to the root of the problem with my eyes.

This was the pre-internet era so that certainly couldn't be put down as a `cause'. Overuse of the computer these days doesn't help though so I have to be sensible with that. Otherwise - technology has assisted me enormously because I can find it near impossible to concentrate on the `written page' for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
      Theresa

I also went through a battery of tests several years ago - but nothing conclusive. Of course I was relieved that they found nothing major - but at the same time, I was hoping they would get to the root of the problem with my eyes.

This was the pre-internet era so that certainly couldn't be put down as a `cause'. Overuse of the computer these days doesn't help though so I have to be sensible with that. Otherwise - technology has assisted me enormously because I can find it near impossible to concentrate on the `written page' for very long.
      HI Irish Eyes,

Yes, I have been through so many tests. I just don't want to see another doctor. LOL. I am glad that nothing serious is going on but I am perplexed with my eye problems. I have been on a 6 month scare. At the beginning of the year, I did not have dry eyes, but severe lower abdominal pain, nausea, pelvic fullness, and didnt' want to eat. The Doc immediately sent me to get an ultrasond for my abdomen and ovaries. She almost thought it could be Ovarian Cancer. Thank goodness it was not. But what she did find was that I ruptured an ovarian cyst. Ever since then my eyes have been outta whack. I wonder if that could have caused my dry eyes too. I did some research on ovarian cyst rupture and could not find an association to dry eyes, but I wonder... I mean it would make sense your hormones could change from that. Even though my hormones were checked I often wonder if that cyst rupture isn't the cause. They cannot find anything else.

Comment

Working...
      X