lacriserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought about it Lucy, but I fear if I get Lacrisert and like it,
    I doubt you'll like it. I didn't, but I'm glad I tried it several years ago. I thought this would be a chance for you to try something different while you have the chance! Not many have tried Lacriserts. There has been a bit about them on this bb just recently. I've been around dry eye spots for years and have yet to see much about Lacriserts.

I know they do work for some people, but I don't think it's many. See Sarah's post above about Dwelle. I'd wager it will help you more than Lacriserts. Easier on the wallet, too.

You should be able to tell if you like Lacriserts right away. Not the same with Restasis--as we know too well.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks Lucy. I decided not to try Lacrisert right now. I will be attempting to continue Restasis for several months and also have started on
      [NEIL, PLUG YOUR EARS!] Patanol. I will risk the BAC to get some sleep. The night itching is driving me insane! My drug budget is spent.

I also got the proverbial "There's nothing more I can do for you until some new medications are approved; call if you need anything." speech. I new this day was not far off but I was not ready to hear this today.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by kitty
        Thanks Lucy. I decided not to try Lacrisert right now.
        I can wholeheartedly understand any and all of us having to make economic decisions about what we do and what we forego.

Sadly.
        I will be attempting to continue Restasis for several months and also have started on
        [NEIL, PLUG YOUR EARS!] Patanol. I will risk the BAC to get some sleep.
        LOL!

Didn't we come up with a preservative free allergy drop on this board?? Acular PF?? [1] Sounds like (of course) it's a little more expensive (natch, right?), but ... maybe?

I would never begrudge you trying what you think will help you. You think you may want to get your doc to take some baseline Schirmer's and T-BUT numbers, though? Might make it easier to tell whether or not the BAC IS doing anything ugly to you.

The night itching is driving me insane! My drug budget is spent.
        Sigh. I get it. I truly do.

[1] http://www.ophmanagement.com/article.aspx?article=85402

Comment

Thanks Neil. I think my doc wants to treat the allergic response itself, not just the itching. Acular PF is an anti-inflammatory. Acular PF Patanol is essentially an anti-histamine. Patanol . If my itching does not turn out to be allergy related then the Patanol will probably do nothing and I won't use it past the 10 day trial period. By the way, I told you to plug your ears! I guess I should have told you to cover your eyes instead?
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

lacriserts

I got my lacriserts and used them 2 days. I have not been enjoying them like I had hoped. My vision is really blurry after a few hours. Last night I decided to try putting them in at bedtime instead. This morning I had to take them out because of blurred vision. Do I need to give it more time?

Comment

Working...
            X