No announcement yet.

Happy to have found this support group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy to have found this support group!

I've suffered with dry eyes for more than 10 years. My problem started suddenly with blinding lights while driving to work. I had to be rescued and driven home, then to the doctor. He said that it looked like someone had rubbed sandpaper across my eyes and "hoped" it would get better. I could not stand any kind of lights for almost 6 weeks. Finally, I recovered my eyesight and started using Restasis. Progressivly, my dryness has gotten worse. Now, I find that my eyes are so dry most of the time that my eyesight is greatly affected. I cannot focus on much of anything. My son is getting married this upcoming Spring and I worry about wearing eye makeup for his wedding and how red my eyes will look in the wedding photos. I'm currently using Restatis, Systane Ultra, Alrex & Ketorolac. I also have eye plugs. I'm hoping someone can give me advice on my superficial problem with make up and help keep me up to date on new medications.

Hello DIH,

Its unfortunate that you have had so many problems with your eyes and hope you are managing ok with what is available in the stores. As with most medications, overuse can exaccerbate the problem so if you can come up with some sort of daily regime where you are not overusing products, this may help.

Concerning the make up, have you tried camouflage creams? These are usually non comedogenic so wont clog pores and also water resistant and stays put for hours and is usually smudge proof also so you wont get in on your clothes or on anyone else. You can usually buy them at the chemists and they are usually made for people with skin problems such as hyperpigmentation but its good stuff. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X