Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi,feeling bad,but local doctors saids OK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,feeling bad,but local doctors saids OK.

Hello, everyone, I am a student that uses computers a lot. My eyes often feels tired. last September, I have had a terrible conjunctivitis. During this period, I used a lot of antibiotic drops. After that, my eyes feels hurts 24 hours. And then doctors tell me that I have dry eyes. But very jokingly, some doctors said that will be ok, although I have very terrible feelings right now. Day by day, I feel life is full of pain and hopelesses. It has been 3 months after the dry eye diagnoses. Any one the same symdrone with me? Help is appreciated.

Hello cx2012,

So happy to be able to talk to you in China, and that you have found this wonderful website. You will see many people here have the same syndrome as you and have lots of experience about what has helped. We must also remember that when they are cured or improved to comfort with a good helpful regime, the most thoughtful and community-minded people come back to tell us and help us in 'Dry Eye Triumphs' but the rest disappear!

Many people here have very similar problems and are trying different strategies to spiral their eye surface and tearing functions back to health. The video in this link has been useful for me http://www.trbchemedica.co.uk/dry-eyes/dry-eye-vid This Good Hope Eye Department website has helped me with sensible advice on eg allergies. http://www.goodhope.org.uk/departmen...dept/index.htm

With my daughter, we aim to maintain comfort in daily life first, then improve things. Here's some of the things we have done although other people's suggestions may suit your condition better:
    - computer use - regular breaks, creating a moist environment with goggles and humidifier, remembering to blink, using artificial tear substitute drops to maintain the eye surface, drinking lots of water
    - chronic inflammation - carefully regulated steroid or immunosuppressant cyclosporine
    - bacterial reinfection/clogged meibomian glands - low anti-inflammatory dose of tetracycline, topical antibacterials, good diet with no processed fats + fish/flaxseed oil supplement, warm compress with gentle thorough cleaning
    - reduce allergens

For self-diagnosis and treatment options, many of us start with the 2007 Dry Eye Workshop (DEWS) report of the Tear Film & Ocular Surface Society. This includes Prof Baodouin's experience with the spiral of inflammation, how the damaged eye surface reduces the prompt for tearing. So tear functions are restored by preventing further eye surface and eyelid inflammation.

We also read Rebecca's advice in Dryeyezone very carefully about alleviating pain by improving the eye conditions and protecting the eye surface.

What treatments are you using? Do you think you still have any infection?

Do you think you have allergy or sensitivity to eyedrop ingredients? Rebecca mentions trying saline vials (medical use, not contact lens) and retaining as much moisture as possible with wraparounds and night-time protection.

Your eyes need careful attention from a sensitive and experienced ocular surface disease ophthalmologist, if you can find one. These people are normally in the university hospitals and can be found through their research interests (hospital website, PubMed, Asia region ophthalmology conferences). I also like to follow current US research in PubMed and Medscape and the American Academy of Ophthalmology current thoughts.

I am so sorry this has happened to you but luckily you are an international internet surfer! If you search on 'China' you may be able to link up with the other members there and get their experience.
    Last edited by littlemermaid; 18-Mar-2012, 13:06.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
    X