Introducing myself....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself....

My eye problems began on 4/20/12 with what I thought was "just a stye" and quickly (over the next couple of weeks) became "multiple styes" and blepharitis.

Was DXed on 5/8 as having ocular rosacea (with blepharitis). Not a surprise, as I've lived with facial rosacea for 7 years now, but definitely a disappointment.

Would love to hear from others dealing with bleph / MGD who also have sensitive skin/eyes and can't tolerate the "baby shampoo" lid scrubs. I am hoping to find something that will help me keep up with the lid scrubs (which have been great about keeping the styes and bleph at bay) but avoid developing dry eye (which I just had the misfortune of experiencing for the past 2-3 days---I suspect because the baby shampoo scrubs are drying me out and messing up my tear balance).

Thanks.

Hello Like you I am new to the forum. I have also suffered with facial rosacea since my 20s (now 64) although since menopause my skin has improved a great deal. I also suffer with dry eyes/blepharitis and MGD. Started many years ago just with slight bleph and progressed from then the last 4 years being the worst. Like you I wonder if baby shampoo is too harsh. I have the added complication of cataracts which need doing as my vision is getting worse. The eye hospital won't do the surgery until the eyes are better controlled. I thought I was doing ok obviously not. Can you tell me how you do your compresses
    and massage and in particular the scrubs. I have had my wrist in plaster until recently so it was difficult to
    keep to the regime. Would love to hear from you with any tips.

Comment

Working...
    X