Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of artificial tears/goop do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
    [ORIGINALLY POSTED BY KITTY - RECREATED BECAUSE OF TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. IF YOU VOTED BEFORE PLEASE VOTE AGAIN.]

What kind of artificial tears/goop do you use? You can select more than one if you use more than one. If you select "other", please reply to this post and tell us which brand. If you voted in the previous poll, please vote again here!
    can-c
    similason dry eye relief

Comment

Refresh,
      I really liked the way Genteal felt, but after testing,
      my doc said I was allergic, weird

Comment

Dry eyes

After performing 2 lower Lacrimal plugs operation,I used Refresh tears but unfortunately it didn't work well.So I used Refresh Liquigel which is more viscous but it seems that my eyes are allergic to preservatives so I stopped it.Then I start to take one Flax seed capsule per day,massaging eyelids,forced blinking to stimulate tear ducts,my eyes were feeling better but with little dryness in the morning.
        Last edited by abboulai; 20-Feb-2009, 09:37. Reason: to tell my story

Comment

Bion Tears #1

Could not live without my Bion Tears. Schirmer tests for both eyes 0. It seems to be the closest to my own tears for me. They better never stop making it!

Comment

eye goo

During the day,I use different types as I see something new I try it. I haven't found a satisfying product yet.
            At night I use Genteal lubricating eye gel, it is the one in the tube and from what I could find it has no petroleum etc. It does leave some build up (goo) in the corners off my eyes, at least it allows me to go to sleep sometimes I have to reapply in hours later if my eyes are really irritated and wake me up.

Comment

Artificial Tears

I use Blink Gel Tears day and Moisture PM Ointment at night with a sleeping mask.

Comment

cataract

after performing 2 lower permanent lacrymal plugs operation iI felt much better,but after 6 months my Doctor checked plugs everything was fine but he discovered that I had cataract in my left eye in the first stage and I had to visit him after 4 months.I hope for cataract not to become worse and surgery not performed.I am now combating cataract by taking natural wheat germ oil capsules,green leaves,flax seed capsules.I hope cataract will not develop more.So please tell me if this is a solution to my problem.and what about left lacrymal plug?will it be removed if sugery is performed?

Comment

I really like Freshkote's ability to clump up the eye gunk and I also use Blink.

Comment

What kind of artificial tears/goop do you use?

I use Celluvisc 0.5% and Optrex dry eye drops. I ticked the "Other" box before reading the message that I could tick the Refresh box if I used Celluvisc.

Comment

I used Refresh Plus (moisture drips for dry eyes including Lasik dryness) and Systane Ultra.

Thank gawd for Systane Ultra .. it was a life saver. These drops allow me to get through the work day .. :-)

Monica

Comment

Hi,

I currently use CVS pharmacy brand lubricant eyedrops that are preservative free and I find them to be "okay". Unfortunately, due to my severe dry eye condition, I have not yet found any artificial lubricant preservative-free eyedrops to be of any help for me. Perhaps in the future, I will find a good substitute.

Comment

I use the Optive preservative tear vials. I've used a sample of Systane's preservative tear drop vials but they stung my eyes big time.

Comment

I use lacrilube at night, absoute gunk, make vision very smeary, even into the morning sometimes.

During the day I use artelac single dose drops

And until recently I also used opatanol in the mornings, Eye & Ear Hosp. have recently stopped this saying I had been on it long enough but eyes feel worse now and its only been a few weeks PLUS they discharged me saying they could "do no more" and that if I felt I needed the opatanol I should ask my gp for it....useless or what

Comment

"Can do no more"

Originally posted by ellee View Post
                              I use lacrilube at night, absoute gunk, make vision very smeary, even into the morning sometimes.

During the day I use artelac single dose drops

And until recently I also used opatanol in the mornings, Eye & Ear Hosp. have recently stopped this saying I had been on it long enough but eyes feel worse now and its only been a few weeks PLUS they discharged me saying they could "do no more" and that if I felt I needed the opatanol I should ask my gp for it....useless or what
                              Take heart! My docs in Sweden gave me a similar story, and I've been through artelac and lacrilube too. Both useless.

You need two things:
                              1. An actual tear-film researcher, not just an ophthalmologist. This group http://www.tearfilm.org/home.html contains people who actually do the research and know how to diagnose and treat various forms of dry eye.

2. A real diagnosis. Dry eye comes in many forms, depending on its cause. And different causes will require different regimes of drops and aids. Most of the eye doctors I speak to just use a trial-and-error approach, throwing random drops at you until you go away. But not all do. If your docs say this is all they can do, they are right. Find a better doc who studies tear film disorders obsessively.

Ask the tfos if they have a member near you who is also able to see patients. Neil once sent me a list of the members, sometime in 2006, and it changed my life.
                              ---
                              Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
                              Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Comment

Here is what I have used:

Genteal Gel - stinging reaction, not good for me personally
                                Bion Tears - Ok
                                Celluvisc - too goopy for me and gives me crusties
                                Lacrilube, Refresh PM ointment - my eyes DO NOT like ointment
                                Optive - Ok
                                Refresh Plus - Good
                                Oasis Tears - only tried once since I got them in, they were fine.
                                Theratears - are wonderful for my eyes. They are the whitest and feel the best after I use these, albeit short-lived. The Gel is good too for at night, but I prefer just the regular liquid.

Comment

Working...
                                X