Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any improvement browneyes?

Comment

Believe me you will read it in the Triumphs forum if it works. He told me 4 - 6 weeks. Sorry, no magic bullets for us. Also the pharmacy had to order the meds and they weren't in till Tuesday.

Comment

I feel like I might have a similar diagnosis. I have ocular rosacea but all the usual treatments don't help....i.e. hot compress, drops, restsasis. My doc gave me a sample of Lastacaft so I'm trying that too. I am also expressing my lids which might be helping...but its a fine line because too much makes them worse.

Comment

To Katewest

I don't think I ever mentioned, Dr. Latkany referred me to an allergist. Have you seen one? Maybe they can pinpoint the allergy. How are you expressing your lids? I don't understand how to do that.

My tests from the allergist were all negative so I may be back at square one. Good luck with the Lasticaft. Let me know if it helps you.

Comment

Yeah, I've gotten tested for allergies and had the patch test...came up neg for everything! Every office job I've had (east coast and west) my eyes get red and dry. If I am allergic to something its probably office air. I'll let you know if the Lastacaft helps. It doesnt burn like Restasis or dry them out worse like Freshkote. I express my lids once or twice a day after a hot shower. I can't do the hot compress. I have a 15x mirror and just use my fingers to push downwards on the lid margin. Sometimes I see clear oil sometimes its just capped off.

Comment

Sounds simple enough, I'll try it. Thanks. I have trouble with the hot compress also & find that if I heat it about 10 secs. more than I would if I were using it as a compress and hold it up to my eyes, with no pressure on them I can do it. Otherwise the pressure irritates the ocular surface & I'm in pain the rest of the day.

Comment

Browneyes- did dr l mention plugs or supplements? And what do your eyes looks like? Red all over or just veins?
                Last edited by Katewest; 09-Mar-2013, 09:40. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

I have plugs which he wants to remove once the MGD is under control. He says I have no aqueous deficiency, it's all the MGD. The only supplement he recommended is Omega-3, I'm already taking Lovaza. My eyes usually aren't that red, in a 15X mirror I can see some small inflamed vessels, that's all, unless I do something that irritates them temporarily, like a too-hot soak. Do you notice the Lasticaft making your eyes drier?

Comment

I have not noticed a difference with the lasticaft have you? How long have you had dry eye symptoms?
                    Last edited by Katewest; 11-Mar-2013, 07:44.

Comment

My symptoms have diminished but are not gone. I really can't say why. I did the detox, stopped everything for a week then started adding meds back one at a time. So most likely candidates are the Lasticaft or Azasite which I added about 2 wks ago. Also I finally mastered expression with a Q-tip and frankly that seems to be doing more than anything. Most if not all of my glands are no longer blocked. They are still inflamed but I can see the meibum pouring out whereas when I first started there was very little.

I've had MGD for about 6-7 years with the occasional flare-up but never anything like this. When the MGD is under control my eyes are almost normal, just a little red with no other symptoms. So i'm not content with this improvement, I want to be asymptomatic again.

What's your story? What else have you tried? Ever tried NAC?
                      Last edited by browneyesblu; 12-Mar-2013, 16:34.

Comment

I have had ocular rosacea/ MGD for about 5 years maybe longer. I tried NAC and it didn't help and I don't think the lasticaf is either. Glad to hear you are doing better! Do you use heat pack for the expression? I just do it after the shower.

Comment

All I do is take a paper towel, fold it into a small square and soak it in water that is just hot enough but not too hot to scorch, then hold it to the eye for about 30-40 seconds. I repeat that about 2-3 times, just until I see clear oil, then I use the Q-tip and it gets out the thicker stuff. I do one eye at a time so one of them doesn't get too cool.

At first I had to press pretty hard, but in the last day or two it comes out easily. I started NAC a few days ago and that may be why.

Comment

how many times a day? I think i may be overdoing it... a few times a day and probably pushing too hard

Comment

Personally I don't think frequency is an issue, although some might disagree. But I think you can push too hard. I do it 3 times a day whenever I can and I was pushing pretty hard for awhile, now I am taking it much easier and seem to be doing a little better.

Comment

Working...
                              X