Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic eye mucus

Hello everyone,

First time posting and long time visitor.
    I have been dealing with mucus build up in the corner of my eyes for the past 8 years. I'm 24 years old and have been to multiple ophthalmologist.
    I've been prescribed everything from restasis, doxy, lotemax, preservative free eye drops, alrex, plugs, omega 3... etc.
    I also have chronic inflammation in the corner of my left eye and outside portion of my right eye.
    The veins are more of a cosmetic issue, but the persistent eye mucus is maddening. I have to extract the mucus every 2-3 hours with tissue.
    The only thing that semi-helps is Patanol eye drops in conjunction with NAC supplements (stomach aches galore!).

Any ideas on what could be the cause? I have gotten the whole gamut from dry eyes, allergies, to your eyes are fine.

Side note: surfing, no sleep, and drinking exacerbate the veins and redness to the point I have to take Advil to deal with the pain. I also tried going cold turkey on everything, but the eye pain is too much to handle on a daily basis.

Any advice would be much appreciated! The co-pays are killing me as I'm still in school.

Per the docs I've seen mucus is a sign of allergies. I'd keep using the Patanol and take an oral anti-histamine too.

Comment

Working...
    X