No announcement yet.

6 years of the most bloodshot eyes ever, but no dryness or discomfort at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zane, how long did your doc say you could use steroids? Ex. A month at a time?! Just curious?

Comment

Faith..Each dr has told me that steriods shouldnt be used long term of course. Nothing specific usually. I know im not a steroid responder which is great news for me. I try to space out my steroid use, if used too often in one month theyll stop working.

Littlemermaid- I know combining is not good for my eyes, it did make them significantly less red that day i used both..so i had zero regrets. Was able to enjoy that day to the fullest.

I noticed one thing this past week also. With my elimination from coffee from my diet, combined with a rainy day in southern california (very rare at the moment). My eyes looked much better for a few days. The best theyve looked in a while

Comment

Did you see the opthalmologist from UCLA? If so, what did he say?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocklobster View Post
          Did you see the opthalmologist from UCLA? If so, what did he say?
          So I saw the dr a few days ago. She was great. The best opthamalogist I've seen. After examining my eyes, she said I had a bit of dry eye..not too much though. The main reason for my bloodshot eyes is allergies. She was the only dr I've seen that was able to notice the type of redness in my eyes and confidently say it's from allergies. She didn't prescribe anything new. Just told me to stop using steroids..stick to the pataday and Claritin. And do whatever is necessary to minimize the redness through cleaning my bed sheets, and removing dust, etc. Pretty much nothing new was stated. And btw, my pressure was normal, eyes are healthy.

So now I have to just buckle down...minimize the redness as much as I can. And wait for bausch and Lomb to release that ln rebound redness reliever drop....

To be honest..I was let down after the visit. I was pretty much reassured that their is no cure at all for this. Just have to manage it my entire life..

Comment

Please let us know Dr. name from UCLA ..please ?

Comment

Dr. Ransome

Comment

So im considering taking allergy shots. For an entire year. Im wondering if that will help? Ive been told in the past by a couple Drs that it could cure my redness, or minimize it at least. I dont know what to do at this point. If it really is primarily allergies causing the redness, i'd assume the shots would be effective...?!

Thoughts?!

Comment

I would do the allergy shots ! You have nothing to lose. What are you allergic to? Have you been tested for food allergies too?

Comment

Im allergic to several things. Grass, Dust mites, Pollen, Dog and Cat dander, Oak. Ive never been tested for food allergies. I'll schedule an appointment for an allergist and go from there.

Comment

Unless you have unlimited resources, check your insurance first and make sure that food allergy testing is covered. I didn't check and ended up about $2000 out of pocket... Good luck. Sounds like you are gaining ground!

Comment

Has anybody here investigated the coffee connection? Coffee worsens my condition but I am addicted.

Also, my eyes are getting close to yours, so you are in good company. My whites are barely even visible anymore.

Comment

Alia,

My only approach now is to minimize anything that can increase the redness. I used to drink coffee daily. I gave it up and just drink tea. It makes a difference. My eyes are still extremely red to anyone who notices. I gave up drinking..smoking, and contacts as well. Long term, I'm hoping this cleanse will allow me to respond correctly to a future eye whitener with no rebound.

Comment

Working...
                          X