How long after LASIK did you develop chronic DES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 25 years

1) I had MKM in both eyes 1987 (the proedure before laser surgery but in other aspects similar to LASIK), then a LASIK in left eye -96 due to relapse of nearsightedness. Now severe problemes since February -12. Before that some mild dry eyes only in very dry environments, among fans etc, but nothing that bothered me
    2) I could not were contacts, I got GPC after a coiple of years in the early 80s and then had very dry eyes
    3) could be a hormone thing now that I am 50, although not in menopause yet, and no other menopause symtoms
    4) No

I read about the problems with LASIK, and thought I was so lucky because my eyes got LESS dry after the surgery. Seems it is never too late to develop dry eyes, I am diagnosed with meibomitis.

Comment

My chronic dry eyes started 6 years an three months after Lasik. Before that i never had dry eyes, even after Lasik.

I tried to use contact lenses in 1990, I tried for a year then i gave up because it bothered almost all times. In that time the lenses wre stiffer than now.

Comment

Working...
      X