Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janet, Norm, Heidi, Donna, Aaron... just wanted to welcome some of the most recent of our new members. Hope we can lend a helping hand! Don't hesitate to speak up with questions!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I found the site while searching for info on dry eyes on google. Very happy to have found it!

Comment

re: finding dry eye zone

i found you doing a general google search "dry eyes serum drops". glad to find a group of people going through what i'm going through. thanks!

Comment

I found this forum thru dry eye zone. My husband just typed in dry eyes. it is encouraging to read peoples stories.

Comment

Dwelle & Help

Hi to all...I have been reading this site for over 2 years. One of the few things that has helped me at all is Dwelle night time drops. I was just going to order more when I find the shop is sold out. Does anyone have any suggestions of a product I can use in the interim. Now I really feel desperate. All suggestions are welcome. Jeannemarie

Comment

Hi & welcome! I am so sorry about the Dwelle situation. We are expecting more in May. My suggestion in the meantime is FreshKote (you'll need a prescription). It contains the same basic formulation as Dwelle with the critical high oncotic pressure but also contains a lipid ingredient. If your doctor is not aware of it they can contact Focus Labs (see freshkote.com) for information.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                Hi & welcome! I am so sorry about the Dwelle situation. We are expecting more in May. My suggestion in the meantime is FreshKote (you'll need a prescription). It contains the same basic formulation as Dwelle with the critical high oncotic pressure but also contains a lipid ingredient. If your doctor is not aware of it they can contact Focus Labs (see freshkote.com) for information.

thank you thank you I was really feeling depressed..I mean like crying..Dwelle is the only thing I have found that even begins to help..I will try the FreshKote...again thank you ..

Comment

Found site through

a search for information about a product--called--Tears Again advanced liposome Eyelid Spray. I have difficulty instilling drops in my eyes. Saw this advertised and thought I would get info from my opthalmologist, but he didn't have a clue. So, back to Google and found you. Was wondering what the ingredients are and whether anyone has had any success with it. The site suggested Clarymist in the UK at a site, but couldn't access that site.

Hoping I'll be able to obtain information, before spending $'s on it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
                    It`s many years since I needed help with dry eyes. I was looking on the internet for dry sinus/eyes because I am taking medications which
                    have really dried me. I have tried several meds but they all have the same effect.
                    I have just updated my profile since yesterday.....then it disappeared and I cannot see it again.

It`s a very nice/friendly site, and I hope to make some friends who have more experience than I have with dryness.
                    Best Wishes
                    Lobelia

Comment

I am new here!

I found the site via google.
                      Actually the best site about Dry eyes that I've ever seen. I'm really proud to be a member of it!
                      If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Comment

Sandpaper

I'm new. Thank you for providing this site. I think I found it by googling dry eye.

I have severe dry eye syndrome, propably caused by age (I'm 72), allergies, and living in a very arrid state, Utah. I have had vision loss and change, along with the itching and pain. I started Restais and felt and saw much better for about a month. Then my condition worsened. I wondered if it had been some kind of placebo effect. I'm also using Patanol, tear drops whenever and gel at night.

Here are my questions:
                        1. Can dry eye "flare ups" be caused by stress?
                        2. Because of a lifelong history of allergy and eczema, I find myself rubbing my eyes unconsiously. Then all of a sudden I realize I'm itching them like crazy. Has anyone found a way to retrain oneself to keep hands away from eyes?
                        3. I have sores in the outer corners of my eyes from rubbing. I was using vasoline to ease the rawness, but have read that vasoline should not be used near the eye. Is there an OTC medicine, which would safely heal these sores? They sting like crazy when any drops are used.

Thank you. I hope I can find any replies on this vast site :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sandpaper View Post
                          I'm new.

3. I have sores in the outer corners of my eyes from rubbing. I was using vasoline to ease the rawness, but have read that vasoline should not be used near the eye. Is there an OTC medicine, which would safely heal these sores? They sting like crazy when any drops are used.

Thank you. I hope I can find any replies on this vast site :-)
                          Hi, Sandpaper. I'm sorry that you are having such pain. I's true that vasoline should not be used around the eye. In fact, Dr. Holly, who advises us often on this site, has cautioned against ophthalmological ointments, but in this case, on the skin surrounding the eye, it might be a good option until the skin heals.

If you have an automatic response to rub your eyes, you might also want to wear a sleep mask or some kind of glasses to remind yourself not to rub.

I hope you find relief.

--Liz

Comment

How I heard about Dry Eye

I googled "Superficial Keratectomy" and found a couple of postings from members who had this procedure. I found it very helpful to know I'm not alone with my "dry eye" saga. I have Sjogren's and wore gas perm. contact lenses for decades...just had cateract surgery with lens replacement. I think the surgery made my dry eyes condition worse so I'm now hoping that this procedure will assist with removing the scar tissue and improve my eye-sight. I haven't been able to return to work--can't read or work on the computer longer than 20 minutes at a time (which hinders me from doing my job).

Appreciate the postings by others.

Comment

how i found this site

hi, i found your site by reading the reviews at amazon.com on the books reversing dry eye and the dry eye remedy. actually i found lots of helpful info on dry eye just by reading the reviews on amazon. thanks for this site i dont feel so alone now.

Comment

I'm here to see what helps

I have rosacea and ocular rosacea. . .I am on Restasis morning and night and Genteal all day long. My eyes still feel gritty, sting, and hurt. I'm having cataract surgery soon so I need to get all this under control. I wore contacts for many years but even before the rosacea was diagnosed my eyes got so dry I just had to stop wearing the contacts - they hurt.
                                Darcy

I found this site by putting "dry eyes" on the web.

Comment

Working...
                                X