No announcement yet.

Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing for those in offices with fluorescent lighting all across the ceiling: have maintenance person get a ladder and work with you "experimenting" to see if one or more of the bulbs out will help. When I was working, I had them do this and it really helped to take the glare from overhead. The lights directly above me needed to be taken out.

An easier thing........wear a baseball cap and keep the glare from coming down on your eyes. I don't think the president of the college would have let me wear one in her office. If you have glare at home, you could do this (so could I.) I mean glare that is coming from above that bothers you, not the glare from the screen. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by jazhou View Post
      Thanks for the information. I have a new laptop, and it has a S-Video/TV-out Port. The tricky part is to find the cable that connects TV and the port. I think BestBuy should have the cable. Anyway I will give a try tonight. See if it can help people w/ dry eyes.
      I tried it at home. It didnt work very well. The resolution on the tv is bad. My computer does not have VGA port. So S-Video does not work that wel....

Comment

This site http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y
        has recommendations on monitors for various types of work--office word (word processing/spreadsheet/PowerPoint) ; gaming; photo editing and design. It might be of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by jazhou View Post
          So S-Video does not work that wel....
          S-Video doesnt work the best on a lot of TV's. I used to have a similar setup and it would always cut the top of the screen off. Ideal is to have a huge LCD tv which acts exactly like your monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by bassfan View Post
            S-Video doesnt work the best on a lot of TV's. I used to have a similar setup and it would always cut the top of the screen off. Ideal is to have a huge LCD tv which acts exactly like your monitor.
            The main problem is the fonts are really blurry , so I need to really open my eyes wide to see them. That defeats the purpose of using TV.

I dont know if this is the problem of my TV or not. I am using a 42" plasma HDTV. Maybe it will make a big difference when using a LCD TV w/ VGA port?

Or buy a projector? That's gonna be a big investment. But if it works, I am willing to pay for it.

Comment

Working...
            X