Red Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melaniem View Post
    Hi, i used otc drops 4 bout 4 years, i have stopped cold turkey for 1 month now and feel depressed, i am looking into tinted glasses untill i see improvement! tim can i ask have u stopped cold turkey? Wot do u use? My eyes seem mildly dry, its mainly the red veins that are just always there argh.
    I know how your feeling. Its hard for me to have a conversation with poeple or even meet new people because i feel like they are judging my eyes and thinking im some kind of drug addict or alcholalic because my eyes are bloodshot. And its even more frustrating that doctors i see seem to not want to be bothered with this condition. Hopefully this opthalmologist im seeing this thursday can help. Hope all the best for your eyes.

Comment

A week without visin Lr and there seems to be some improvement, yay!

Comment

It takes a while - I know its hard - nothing is easy - I did stop turkey - had no choice - even with the vaso's I could feel how dry my eyes were getting -

Not a day goes by when I think of putting the vaso's back in - use the thera tears liquigel - see if your eyes are dry at a opthamoligist - you may need plugs,etc

I am also convinced certain people just have sensitive eyes to conditions such as lighting,etc and it has nothing to do with dry eyes - and as a result you mask it and eventually become an addict (like me)

Comment

Just got back from the opthomalogist. Said my Lacrimal glands are jacked up, and i have severe dry eye and mild allergies. He said Visine LR does not cause permanent damage, but it did exacerbate my problem. And i cant touch contacts again. My eyes are still red, but not as bad as they were when i first stopped the visine lr cold turkey a week ago. They are actually fairly bright now, and doctor reccomended Celluvisc eye drops and FML(?).

Comment

So you are a 'false alarm'

Comment

Im not completely better yet. on a scale of 1-10, the redness has gone down to about a 6, but my eyes are still bloodshot in the morning.

Comment

darn

my eyes are still bloodshot all the time and it doesnt seem to be clearing up, but ive learned to just deal with it although i notice people stare and wonder what the hell ive been doing all night. sucks...

Comment

same here..bloodshot all the time....i use tinted glasses even if its snowing but yeah sometimes people stare cause you can see the redness......its an horrible thing having chronic red eyes...and i guess these dr.s dont really know how to help...i'm starting to think that in some cases...once the redness/inflammation develops it doesn t go away anymore....then you have dryeyes and even blepharitis but this comes later......

Comment

red eyes

I have the same problem - it depresses me a lot. I am so tempted to use the vasoconstrictors again, but I know this would be a huge mistake. Sometimes, I want to crawl under a rock and stay there.

Comment

I m currently a patient of one of the best Dry Eye Dr. in the world and still no solution for this.....i have another visit next week (5 hours of plane to go there)...if i will not see an improvement this time, i will start buying ClearEyes (i used vasoconstrictors years ago for about 2 weeks)....really, i live like a freak..i hide all the time, no girls, no friends...i prefer damaging my eyes but at least live 2, 3 years of "normal" life.

Comment

red eys

What sort of treatment have you been getting from this doctor?

Comment

i tried oral doxy and azasite cause i develop mild blepharitis.....nothing changed....i really believe the blepharitis came later because i had red eyes but no pain or dryness in the past....i dont know what i ll try next but i m very tired....this is the last dr. i m visiting

Comment

red eyes

What supplements do you take? If you are taking any, do you feel that any of them have helped? Lately, I have been trying theratears nutrition, flaxseed oil, plus evening primrose oil. This seems to be helping a bit.

Comment

i take theratears nutrition..probably it helps a bit the dryness but not the redness..

Comment

Working...
                              X