Hello - Newbie with EBMD/RCES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - Newbie with EBMD/RCES

WOW! what a wonderful site. I have been browsing here for the past few days and have already learned a lot.

I am a 61 year old guy from Arizona (AKA AridZona) who first developed RCES in my right eye about 6 years ago. After many months of not very useful doctor visits, I finally hit on a routine that worked for me. (Genteal Gel 2x per night, waking myself up at about 1:00AM.) After about 9 months I just used it once at bedtime. All was well until about 10 days ago when I had an episode in the left eye. I am now back on my routine (with some minor modifications) and hopefully can keep this under control.

More details to come later. Many thanks to all of you for being here.

Welcome

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the RCE's. I've had them for a year first in the left eye and then in the right, and they really disrupted my life. If you have an inkling that perhaps the eye that is having erosions does not close the whole way at night, you may want to try taping or Tranquileyes goggles. Dwelle eye drops, used several times daily also reduces the incidence of erosions for lots of us here.

Thanks for contributing your story. I hope that you can put this recent bout of erosions behind you.

--Liz

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Liz, your posts have been a great source of information. I have ordered a set of Tranquileyes and hope to have them today. I am also using Muro-128 which seems to be be very effective.

Comment

Working...
      X