Very helpful tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very helpful tip

Hi, I'm a new member, and I was inspired to join the forum to spread the word on something that has REALLY worked for me.
    I have had dry eye syndrome for almost 3 years. It varies a bit in terms of severity, but at its worst, I was doing eyedrops (over-the-counter) 5-6 times a day, but come evening I could often barely keep my eyes open past 9 or 10.
    Anyway, it occurred to me (during a very sharp flareup recently) that I could make my eyes moister by crying!
    At first, it is a bit difficult to do--summon tears at the drop of a hat, but after about a day I mastered it. Now, several times a day, I force myself to the edge of tears (it takes a little concentration and about 30 seconds), then I stop. I never actually let the tears fall, and nobody really notices.
    After doing this technique now for one week, I'm happy to say that I've only used eyedrops once in 7 days!!
    I'd love to hear from others if they choose to try it.

Originally posted by kellox View Post
    ..... Anyway, it occurred to me (during a very sharp flareup recently) that I could make my eyes moister by crying!
    ... I'd love to hear from others if they choose to try it.
    hi,

yes - i've done this too although it does feel a bit dubious sometimes to use my sad memories for this purpose! but the tears certainly work. of course, tears are the best lubrication of all, and it's a pity it's so difficult to cry at will - but it is possible. one could always use sad movies, sad news stories etc, i guess...

Comment

Yes, I do this also. Sometimes in the morning to loosen up my lids from my eyeballs. It seems to work better coming from the inside than trying to get drops up under the lid. I also feel a little funny about using sad memories for this purpose, but am getting better at doing this with some speed. I really don't want to start my day by dwelling on sad things and am working on producing the tears without having to think sad thoughts.

It's my understanding that this type of tear is not composed of the same elements in the same proportions as the natural tear film (ideally) is, but it sure helps in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo View Post
        Yes, I do this also. Sometimes in the morning to loosen up my lids from my eyeballs. It seems to work better coming from the inside than trying to get drops up under the lid. I also feel a little funny about using sad memories for this purpose, but am getting better at doing this with some speed. I really don't want to start my day by dwelling on sad things and am working on producing the tears without having to think sad thoughts.

It's my understanding that this type of tear is not composed of the same elements in the same proportions as the natural tear film (ideally) is, but it sure helps in a pinch.
        try Yawning! It's just as good!

Comment

Working...
        X