Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the UK - what is the best eye PF drop for MGD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the UK - what is the best eye PF drop for MGD?

Hi guys,

I am currently using Carmellose 0.5% PF eye drop. It works quite well tbf, but wondered if i should be using an MGD specific drop. I have found Optive and Optive plus but they have preservatives in them. Could somebody recommend a PF MGD eye drop?

You could try Cationorm which is preservative free. It contains mineral oils which provide a lipid component. My ophthalmologist (in the UK) recommended it for my MGD. It lasts longer on the eye than my usual Theoloz Duo or Hycosan Extra (sodium hyaloronate) drops but I find that it tends to sting for the first hour or so. The stinging is not too bad - a mild sensation sort-of halfway between stinging and soreness - but it is bearable and some people do not have this reaction. You can order it online from Butterflies Eye Care in the UK. It's exactly the same as Retaine MGD which is sold in the US. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny43 View Post
      You could try Cationorm which is preservative free. It contains mineral oils which provide a lipid component. My ophthalmologist (in the UK) recommended it for my MGD. It lasts longer on the eye than my usual Theoloz Duo or Hycosan Extra (sodium hyaloronate) drops but I find that it tends to sting for the first hour or so. The stinging is not too bad - a mild sensation sort-of halfway between stinging and soreness - but it is bearable and some people do not have this reaction. You can order it online from Butterflies Eye Care in the UK. It's exactly the same as Retaine MGD which is sold in the US. Hope this helps.
      Thanks Jenny,

How does this differ from Evo Tears? Obviously the ingredients are different, but i wonder which works better.

Comment

No idea, sorry. Never tried Evo Tears.

Comment

Working...
        X