Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the UK - what is the best eye PF drop for MGD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the UK - what is the best eye PF drop for MGD?

Hi guys,

I am currently using Carmellose 0.5% PF eye drop. It works quite well tbf, but wondered if i should be using an MGD specific drop. I have found Optive and Optive plus but they have preservatives in them. Could somebody recommend a PF MGD eye drop?

You could try Cationorm which is preservative free. It contains mineral oils which provide a lipid component. My ophthalmologist (in the UK) recommended it for my MGD. It lasts longer on the eye than my usual Theoloz Duo or Hycosan Extra (sodium hyaloronate) drops but I find that it tends to sting for the first hour or so. The stinging is not too bad - a mild sensation sort-of halfway between stinging and soreness - but it is bearable and some people do not have this reaction. You can order it online from Butterflies Eye Care in the UK. It's exactly the same as Retaine MGD which is sold in the US. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny43 View Post
      You could try Cationorm which is preservative free. It contains mineral oils which provide a lipid component. My ophthalmologist (in the UK) recommended it for my MGD. It lasts longer on the eye than my usual Theoloz Duo or Hycosan Extra (sodium hyaloronate) drops but I find that it tends to sting for the first hour or so. The stinging is not too bad - a mild sensation sort-of halfway between stinging and soreness - but it is bearable and some people do not have this reaction. You can order it online from Butterflies Eye Care in the UK. It's exactly the same as Retaine MGD which is sold in the US. Hope this helps.
      Thanks Jenny,

How does this differ from Evo Tears? Obviously the ingredients are different, but i wonder which works better.

Comment

No idea, sorry. Never tried Evo Tears.

Comment

Apparently Cationorm is the emulsion used as a base for Ikervis prescription cyclosporine drops. I quite like it and don’t find it stings. I only use it 4 times a day though whereas I use Thealoz Duo frequently throughout the day.

Comment

I’m less keen on Cationorm now and Ikervis as I think they might be making my severe dry eye worse, although not sure at this point.

just tried Systane Complete PF which is also an emulsion. So far so good, but will reserve judgement for now.

Comment

Well I’ve also now tried Evotears and it made my eyes more sore and red. Didn’t like Systane Complete PF either. Will have to stick with Thealoz Duo and Liquifilm tears for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarebear55 View Post
                Well I’ve also now tried Evotears and it made my eyes more sore and red. Didn’t like Systane Complete PF either. Will have to stick with Thealoz Duo and Liquifilm tears for now.
                What was wrong with Cationorm and Systance PF?which one lasted the longest?

Comment

Have you tried PF Refresh? Or DryEyeSimilisan? (if they're still around)
                  Just for the record (and it seems i'm different than anyone else with MGD in this respect).

I have severe atrophy MGD, as tested via LipiView. I had wondered why various eye drops which dry-eye patients raved about would only serve to irritate me. That was, until Lipiview confirmed that I have severe MGD. The eye doctor then tried probing my glands - he had ordered the appropriate probes from a Tampa doctor. But the probing didn't help.

What I eventually discovered desensitized me the most, is to simply instill filtered-water, via a dropper bottle, into my eyes. And also occasionally to "comfort" my eyes by lightly pressing a warm tea-bag on them alternatingly, as well as smearing light-oil, such as apricot or argan oil on my lids, and directly below lower lid (i.e. where people usually put eye-shadow, that's where i oil my lids).

As an aside, if there's anyone here who by some chance may have tried eesystem, i'd appreciate hearing how it went, because I'm wondering if its for real. Just FYI, any alt. systems these days are suppressed info, so even if they are effective, they can't legally say so. They're only allowed to use words such as "biofeedback", "supplement" and other such terms.
                  CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X