"The Sunday Post"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, great job, Ian.

What a great article. It gets right down to the heart of it, corneal nerves and all. Thanks for the reference to all of us. I felt the warmth.

I think sending a copy to your LASIK surgeon is a great idea. He has probably already seen it by now, but it can't hurt to drive it home.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Great job Ian and every else who contacted Janet!!!

Ian, I feel quite certain that your willingness to be interviewed for that, picture and all, will bring many, many people out of the woodwork who otherwise would not have spoken up. I will be very interested to hear how much feedback the reporter gets from others.

Bruce & all,

Originally posted by prattstar
      Bruce, the reporter indicated to me that she is planning on running a series of stories...
      This sounds promising. I am not surprised the original was about laser surgery because that was what Janet was looking for in the first place but with everything she's heard from the rest of you, plus what she and other reporters are going to hear in the aftermath of this article, broader dry eye coverage is now far far more likely. Good job everyone.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Well done Ian, you are a real star. What makes me laugh is the assertion that patients are screened to preclude those likely to suffer from dry eye after surgery! I don't think so....!

Barry

Comment

Well done, Ian!! Nice picture; it really tells a story doesn't it? God Bless!! Judy

Comment

Wow!

Great job Ian!! And it's nice to finally have a face to put with your posts. Thanks for what you are doing.

Billye

Comment

Hello to IanJ

Dear Ian,
              I am so sorry you suffered severe chronic dry eyes and lost your job. I too had lasik three years ago, and I could not work either. I can only read two hours slowly now. Ian, great job with the newspaper.

I could not help reading your previous emails, but please please check are
              you allergic to GEN TEAL and TEAR GEL? I was put on these gels for
              18 months and actually after 18 months, the doctor found out I was
              severely allergic and actually dried out my eyes even more. LIKE PINS
              AND NEEDLES!! I am using preservative free Bausch and Lomb Artelac drops.
              The type of drop you use is very important because preservatives can cause more dryness.

Please email me if you need to talk. I don't know what drops you can get in UK.But you have to get those that you use and throw away in tubes.

Good Luck!!

Caroline

Comment

Caroline

I have read recently about the allergy to Genteal Gel. I think it was your post actually.

I am thinking i might be sensitive to hypromellose (the major ingredient in Genteal Gel) as I couldn't wear lacriserts and I don't like hypromellose drops.

I haven't had an adverse reaction to genteal gel but I have switched to a preservative free Viscotears for the fast few days and feel a little better for it.

I will continue with Viscotears to see how I get on.

Thanks again for your comments

Ian (Prattstar)

Comment

Ian well done on the aritical. i wouldnt mind sending her an email about my dry eye experiances. Do you have it?

thanx
                  I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Sazy

I will send you Janet's Email as a PM.

I have edited my original reply as it was rightly pointed out to me, I don't want her to be spammed so I am happy to put anyone in contact with her that request her email address.

Ian
                    Last edited by prattstar; 07-Jun-2007, 14:54.

Comment

nice one Ian!

Thanks for doing the interview Ian! Well done!

Comment

Nice one, Ian.

Comment

Working...
                        X