No announcement yet.

Clinitas Ultra 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I didn't like Clinitas Ultra 3 very much, but I've given it a longer trial, and now like it just as much as Dwelle. I still don't like it with heat with the Tranquileyes, but during the day, it feels fine.

I may be brave and try it at night under the goggles. Every time I try anything other than Genteal gel at night, I get an irritating pain in my left eye, on the papercut scar where the erosions have been. It's as if my eye is whingeing at me. Not debilitating, but annoying. And it makes me frightened that I might have another erosion.

Lisa

Comment

clinitas3

Hiya, i have rebound redness and dry eye, i have just ordered clinitas3 but it has a perservative init, do u think it is ok to take long-term?

Comment

Hi melaniem,

The safest answer is to check with your doctor. I've been using it for a couple of months now, with good results, and my doctor is happy for me to continue.

Lisa

Comment

Preservative a possible, but not likely cause of stinging

I must take issue with the Matheson's pharmacist who is said, here, to have stated that the stinging sometimes encountered with FreshKote (and its UK equivalent Clinitas Ultra 3) can be attributed to the preservative used in the product. It is conceivable that a given individual could react to this preservative with a stinging sensation, but a quick read of Dr. Holly's analysis of the preservative used in his line of drops is enough to convince me that it is something in the primary formula and structure of these drops that produces the stinging, for some, since the preservative is extremely benign (less irritating that pure saline, according to Dr. H's discussion and self-testing).

Please see, moreover, lots of discussion here at DEZ on the stinging sensation we sometimes get from Dwelle, FreshKote, etc. For many of us, this is not problematic, and certainly a very small price to pay for the benefits. For others, who, perhaps, still feel very irritated from the underlying condition, the sting is considered to be unpleasant or unacceptable.

I have personally come to believe that stinging, unless accompanied by tissue damage, should not be a deterrent to using a particular product. For example, many doctors who prescribe Restasis routinely put patients on steroids at the same time, for the PRIMARY purpose of making the sting of Restasis more tolerable. . .Other docs require a pre-Restasis prep. period on Omega 3s, for the same benefit.

I quit Restasis last year, but not because of its sting (and boy can it sting!). I worried that the castor oil's potential cytotoxicity (also see Dr. Holly on this) could be damaging, over time, and more directly, the drops never did much for me. . .I am also not a fan of cyclosporine, but that is for another day. . .
          Last edited by Rojzen; 02-Jun-2008, 14:21. Reason: grammar
          <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

I'm persevering with Clinitas Ultra 3 but find the very slight stinging I experience during the day too much too handle first thing in the morning.

Comment

McGoldilocks,

I have been using FreshKote (like Clintas 3) and wanted to make a suggestion to you for morning use. I use gel, tranquileyes, and PF during the night to keep my eyes hydrated, and I have a whole routine first thing in the morning: more PF drops, rice baggy heat, washing eyes and lids with OcuFoam cleanser, lid massage and cleaning with a cotton bud, then more PF drops. It's only after I finish all this, that I put in the FreshKote.

It doesn't sting much at all, I think because my eyes are clean and there's already a layer of moisture in them.

C

Comment

Working...
              X