X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

padded sunglasses

Dear Rich

Which type of sunglasses did you purchace the same one as me 8cp906 padded chopper sunglasses ?
    as far as the addidas clima cools not worth the money..........
    I have also had wileys but the chopper ones are the best i ever had you wont get total blockage but then again as the same as any other wraprounds
    that would require googles......

locky

Comment

Originally posted by locky View Post
      Dear Rich

Which type of sunglasses did you purchace the same one as me 8cp906 padded chopper sunglasses ?
      as far as the addidas clima cools not worth the money..........
      I have also had wileys but the chopper ones are the best i ever had you wont get total blockage but then again as the same as any other wraprounds
      that would require googles......

locky
      Hi Locky.

Yep bought 2 pairs one white and blue frames dark lens and a white and black pair with clear lens.
      Both were 8cp906 £17 ish inc vat inc postage,arrived in one day,cant moan at that,might buy some more yet so i can leave a pair in the cars ,house , vans and lorries etc.

But still looking for a real smart pair of glasses with a permanite tint so i can wear out for best,have been on the web and Oakley do great wrap rounds very sporty,love the red and white pair with the union jack logo with red /purple lens think our athletes in Bejing wore them great but for best i was looking at Oakley half jacket with transition lenses.

Rich.

Comment

8cp905

Dear Rich

Try a pair of the 8cp 905 chopper padded range this should fit your face better i have just purchaced 8cp905 with even better results ( in the wind )
        please note there is a return policy please try them let me know the outcome

locky

Comment

Originally posted by locky View Post
          Dear Rich

Try a pair of the 8cp 905 chopper padded range this should fit your face better i have just purchaced 8cp905 with even better results ( in the wind )
          please note there is a return policy please try them let me know the outcome

locky
          Hi Locky.

Which 905 colored lens have you gone for please and how do you know they fit the face more snuggly than the 906 pairs which ive bought??

Have you bought both 905 and 906 then Locky??

At £17 i certainly dont mind a bit of trial and error!!

look forward to your reply Locky

Rich.

Comment

905 chopper

Dear Rich

Yes i have both 905 and 906 i prefer the 905 as they are smaller than the 906 hence the snugg fit 905 smoke and mirrior finish (smoke) fits my face well as i have a smaller face than the 906 are desighned for try see what you think...

locky

Comment

Dear Rich

PLEASE NOTE THE 905 AND 906 WILL BE OUT OF STOCK FRIDAY 23 JAN NOT SURE WHY MAYBE NEED MORE STOCK OR THEY ARE BEING REPLACED WILL PHONE 2MMOROW AND LET YOU KNOW WHY......

LOCKY

Comment

Originally posted by eva b View Post
                Hi Rich

I've got a pair of the Adidas Climacool glasses, with prescription inserts, and have to say that although they look much smarter than the fit-over goggles (cheapos) I've been using, they are not as protective.

The foam round the edge fits close the the face OK, but there are air vents (albeit small ones) all the way around to prevent fogging. So if there is more than a slight breeze, you can still feel the air on your eyes.

In this weather I certainly haven't been able to use them - had to go back to the old fit-overs which make a much more protective seal. They are bigger, uglier, and more obvious, but they at least keep the cold out - and frankly, I've reached the stage where I just don't care about appearances any more...

The Adidas are OK for use indoors (aircon, heating etc) but outside not an awful lot of help.

In your place, I'd give the ones you've bought a good try first.

Good luck.

p.s. I know what you mean about feeling sorry for yourself...I'm just glad Christmas and all the fuss is over because it just makes you feel worse.
                Fitover sunglasses better than your adidas climacool outside?
                (Your old fit over is guard dog like googles? I can't withstand such large thing...or I get a Ski google it's so cool walking in busy town, haha)
                I want to have a clear one that can use outside at night.
                I have -10d short sight so it is so hard to found a wraparound glasses.
                May be Adidas is only choose...
                Last edited by hkgcomet; 27-Jan-2009, 05:34.

Comment

Hi i was wondering whether an RX would go in these glasses?

http://www.i-sunglasses.com/Motorcyc...ck_Mirror.html

At this point ill settle for a -4, since it seems to be impossible to find nice goggles in a -5.
                  I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
                    Hi i was wondering whether an RX would go in these glasses?

http://www.i-sunglasses.com/Motorcyc...ck_Mirror.html

At this point ill settle for a -4, since it seems to be impossible to find nice goggles in a -5.
                    Hi Sazy,

I bought the 8CP904 model, which look very similar, and managed to get prescription lenses for them - -3.25 and -4.25. I got Michel Guillon Opticians in London to sort it out for me, and it set me back £350. At first there was some significant distortion - it felt fine if I was looking at something in the distance and / or not moving my head, but as soon as I began to look around then I felt almost motion sick. However I've been wearing them for a few days now and I've really got used to them - I don't really notice any distortion in my vision at all.

The glasses themselves work great - at least as good a seal as Wiley-X for me - and they're much cheaper. I'd recommend them to everybody (though of course the seal might not be as good for everyone, depending on face shape / size).

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X