This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosjen,

I am doing really well with my DE so I am using Dwelle as a preventative drop. Right now I am using it just once a day, in the morning, but would be willing to up that dosage after hearing the preservative is ok.

How often do you use Dwelle?

Thanks,

Bernadette

Comment

Rojzen & Stella Hi there.

Thank you both for your posts I have Clinitas 3 being delivered by post as we speak(apparantly it was developed and now sold only 4 miles away from me in the UK).

I will go for the long haul ,but tell me what do i do when i hit that " These bloody drops are useless " barrier normally after two weeks into the treatment??

Your replies are always welcome!

Its nearly 7 oclock in the morning and surprise surprise eyes are stinging very bad already and i know they will only get worse, another poor day coming up.
      So willing to give Clinitas 3 a good try.

Rich

Comment

Hi Rich - is stinging the only ,or the worst symptom you have?
        Have you got blepharitis ie - inflamation of the lids ?
        I ask that 'cos the clinitas 3 will probably make your lids sting for a few minutes after you apply them - try to ignore that
        I would start with 3 times a day and go on doing it after the two weeks - it probably wont make them any worse than they seem to be now so why not

The bennifit is that it is supposed to stabalize and thicken all three layers of the tear film and that takes time

can you feel the difference between symptoms in your lids and symptoms in your eyes ?
        I ask that 'cos i can - the lids prickle and itch and the insides of the lids are red and sore
        The eyes themselves - when they are bad - burn, and i feel i have somthing in my eye all the time also when really bad i cant stand lights especially flurescent ones in supermarkets and they feel so dry especially in the morning after sleep when i used to have to peel the lids off the eyeballs

It is the symptoms in my eyes that clinitas has helped ,not the lids
        The things that help the lids are heat / cold compresses and massage and using chloramphenicol ointment on the margins and vasaline on my outer eyelids at night

I do hope you get some bennifit

Comment

Originally posted by stella View Post
          Hi Rich - is stinging the only ,or the worst symptom you have?
          Have you got blepharitis ie - inflamation of the lids ?
          I ask that 'cos the clinitas 3 will probably make your lids sting for a few minutes after you apply them - try to ignore that
          I would start with 3 times a day and go on doing it after the two weeks - it probably wont make them any worse than they seem to be now so why not

The bennifit is that it is supposed to stabalize and thicken all three layers of the tear film and that takes time

can you feel the difference between symptoms in your lids and symptoms in your eyes ?
          I ask that 'cos i can - the lids prickle and itch and the insides of the lids are red and sore
          The eyes themselves - when they are bad - burn, and i feel i have somthing in my eye all the time also when really bad i cant stand lights especially flurescent ones in supermarkets and they feel so dry especially in the morning after sleep when i used to have to peel the lids off the eyeballs

It is the symptoms in my eyes that clinitas has helped ,not the lids
          The things that help the lids are heat / cold compresses and massage and using chloramphenicol ointment on the margins and vasaline on my outer eyelids at night

I do hope you get some bennifit
          Hello Stella.

Yep it seems my syptoms are very similar to yours as described above. now and again a few times a week the eyelids hurt but its the stinging which does me in ,my actual eyes, bright light, cold wind or any wind for that matter.

Oh Stella if only i could get rid of the stinging,if only!!

Hopefully the Clinitas 3 arrives today in the post and i will start placing them in my eyes for the long haul I bet what will happen is that for a the first few days the drops will be good and then as usual their effectiveness will get worse and within the fortnight they will hurt and eyes will be worse than ever!!

This always happen with any new drop or cream etc. However were going to stick with this arnt we and " Go through the barrier " hey .

Will obviously keep you all informed as im sure there are loads of people on this forum in the same boat!

Thanks

Rich.

Comment

I know it is hard when you are a builder - but could you wear protective eyeware Maybe the type welders use would be more acceptable amoungst your mates. I got a pair of clear ones at B & Q - which i never need now
            If you already wear specs like i do - a pair of light polaroid sun glasses which i can actually wear inside my specs (looks a bit odd if you stare hard at my face but what the heck) I used to have them constantly on my head and brought them down if in the supermarker - under my glasses They were quite a tight seal and did the trick -- just a suggestion 'til clinitas 3 starts to work
            I'm really praying it will -- you certainly deserve something to work
            You are almost bound to have irritation from the dust from builders rubble etc, so if you could keep that out of your eyes it might help

Comment

Stella .

Drops have just arrived in this mornings post so here we go in for the long haul with Clinitas 3.

Have just put a single drop in both eyes ,stung a bit ,bit blurry for 3 or 4 mins but soon cleared.

tell me do you put 2 drops in at a time or just the one?

Rich.

Comment

Yes ,if i think they are not wet enough
                I have calculated that i need one bottle every 3 weeks
                Good luck

Comment

Well nearly 2 days in and yes but this always happens to me with new treatments. Im having a better time far far from brilliant but better watery eyes and lids not so red and generally more comfortable.

Ive actually got blue eyes and when they look good ( Ha) they really do look good even though i say it myself but theyve not looked good very much in 40 yrs though,shut up im starting again!

It will be in a week or so that i will be pulling my hair out, hopefully not though!

Goin to go through it " The eye drop pain barrier "

Comment

Rich ---Dont anticipate it ,and it may never happen - you can actually bring things on yourself by telling yourself they will happen
                    I know its hard but tell yourself everyday that they are going to work for you
                    Its the power of positive thinking - Norman Vincent Peele has written a book about it

Comment

Rich,
                      I've been following your progress with interest as I've had the same exact problems as you with eye drops, and have completely given up on them. Only thing that gives me any relief is warm compresses and goggles.

will await further posts and wishing you the very best of luck - you certainly deserve for something to work after all these years!!!

Comment

Well 4 days in , yeah i know very early days have had 3 not bad days but yesterday same old,same old. Stinging and back to normal problems but i must remain positive and drive through it!

Have to be gratefull that i had 3 relative good ( well good for me anyway) days.

Pull yourself together boy onwards and upwards!

Thanks all you peeps!

Rich.

Comment

2 weeks in and im a bit down as i suppose i knew it would happen, I hoped it wouldnt but it has!

Same old stinging same old symptons, this is where i normally give up with the drops,but this time im going to keep on using them ,approx 3 or 4 times a day.

Trouble is when my eyes are bad and i put drops in for relief ,relief rarely happens and in fact it often feels then that the drops makes it worse.

But this time i will carry on with the Clinitas 3 drops , one thing that is worrying i read that they contain Polyvynil, i thought this was not good??

Rich

Comment

Hi Rich - hang on in there
                            I went into the ingedients in Clinitas 3 as i was concerned about longterm effects of preservative in it
                            Dr Holly who invented them did not reply to my post - but reading all his various posts he claims that the preservative in all his drops are actually benificial as they have antiseptic qualities
                            I have accepted that and dont believe that anyone with his knowledge and expertise would put anything inthe drops that were bad for your eyes

If i were you i would try to put up with the discomfort for a few weeks longer and see- It may be your eyes will settle down again once they get accostomed to the drops - If they do ,it would be after that you would expect to see some improvement

You have nothing to loose if you can put up with it - since i am sure those drops are harmless

Comment

Stella your a peach ,will carry on just about to order another bottle i suppose it lasts 3 weeks?

Thanks again.

Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich S. View Post
                                Thank you for all your kind replies.

I actually remember as a kid (now thats a long time ago) possibly from the age of 8 that i could not go swimming with my mates because of my eyes would be bad for days plus other things with my eyes at this period of time;

So Im now 52 that makes 44 yrs of Dry eye yep 44Yrs, Tell me about it! Of course when your a kid you dont realise wqhat youve got so it doesnt worry you ,then you get in your teens and thats when i started going to eye doctors but of course you think you will get better!!

Then you get into your thirtys and its getting worse and getting you down,drops and creams a joke!!

Then you get into your fortys you realise youve got this major problem and thats when it really affected my life you know going out or rather stopping going out ,you all know! Plus condition is getting worse.

Now in my early fiftys im very fit but this dry eye thing is major every day no respite apart from when a sleep and even then that is often poor, the redness is bad enough but i can put up with that if i have to ,the biggest problem i have is the constant stinging ,think off of cutting up the strongest onion and rubbing it in your eyes and thats what its like every waking hour from 20 seconds of waking up then down hill right the way through the day.

I work outside as a builder so that certainly doesnt help especially in this winter here in the UK but even in the summer i find it can be just as bad ,having said that i definately couldnt work in an office ,lights computors air con etc nope cant even walk into a high st shop for more than 5 mins and im in trouble.

I also find now that when the stinging starts it only gets worse as the day goes on , i used to find that the stinging would now and again get better as the day wore on but not now.

Cures well really done them all Drops, creams, doctors and more doctors nhs and private spent £1000s and more,hot bags ,glasses, hynotism, acupunture, healthcare , diets, plenty of water, grape juices eye lid hygene,tear duct operation, cysts operations,saunas, hot tubs,eye masks at night, vitamins blah blah blah.

Done it all and getting worse, its now 7 oclock in the morning now about to go and do 10 hours work outside and eyes are stinging badly now as i write this post and i know im being very negative but it WILL only get worse today.

Yet again sorry folks sorry about this miserable post and yet another miserable day coming up,blummin cold out there but do you know what somehow it does make you feel better by writing this post because i know that everyone reading this knows exactly what Dry Eye is all about.

So there you are my claim to fame Dry Eye for over 44yrs and possibly 52 yrs ha ha, can you be born with it maybe??

You lot are great all of you!!

Rich UK.
                                You've practically told my life story, too! I've had this problem ever since I was about 10 - and now I'm 50! My whole life has been consumed with this ridiculous problem, and I'm sorry to say, I've never found a cure, even after visiting several doctors.

Comment

Working...
                                X