X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Dry Eye Workshop(DEWS)

http://www.tearfilm.org/dewsreport/

Introduction to the 2007 Report of the International Dry Eye WorkShop

All details about recent treatments included.

http://one.aao.org/CE/PracticeGuidelines
    American Academy of Ophthalmology, Preferred Practice Pattern Guidelines
    Dry Eye Syndrome PPP - Limited Revision -- October 2011
    Detailed recommendations for the initial evaluation and treatment of a patient with dry eye and a detailed discussion of diagnostic tests. •Copyright © 2011 American Academy of Ophthalmology. All rights reserved. Date: October 2011
    Source: AAO Cornea/External Disease PPP Panel, Hoskins Center for Quality Eye Care
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Dry Eye Choosing the Right Therapy video by Henry D Perry at Hawaiian Eye 2008, very useful starter summary of dry eye processes and eyedrop treatments

Blepharitis Strategies for Patient Satisfaction video by James P Mculley, extremely useful explanation of treatment strategies for chronic blepharitis - ever wondered why the eye docs appear to be randomly trying different oral antibiotics and topical antibacterials and making up blepharitis descriptions? Here's about where we are on this. And no, we don't accept blepharitis is chronic - there's plenty of experience and research and investigation on different ways of fixing the different causes - infections, systemic conditions, hygiene, allergy and hypersensitivities, dermatology, immunological (PubMed).

Dry eye, allergy and anti-inflammatory round table with Eric Donnenfeld: importance of using steroid and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories before surgery - make sure the eye pressure is checked within a few days of starting and every 2 weeks thereafter, especially with diabetes or macular degeneration or other inflammation; contact lenses with allergy and dry eye; how to control allergy through the nose without making dry eye worse (Marguerite Macdonald at :46); 'managing the ocular surface is probably the most important thing they do in their cataract and refractive surgery'; differential diagnosis of dry eye (starts at :48) with different protocols for resolving blepharitis (eyelid warming and rub, Azasite, cyclosporine, steroids, antibac/steroid combo, oral doxycycline, topical antibacterials) (how to use Azasite by rubbing along eyelid margins to avoid burning, Marguerite Macdonald at :59), chat about Tearlab osmolarity test, Lipiflow.
      Last edited by littlemermaid; 03-Jul-2012, 15:25.

Comment

Ocular Surgery News, 2008 roundtable on strategies for managing dry eye - useful short article
        Last edited by littlemermaid; 05-Jul-2012, 13:05.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
          I am watching that video.

-Interesting points- failure to remove maycup will make dry eye worse. When i was younger I never used to reomve my maycup, i used to wear eye liner and mascara. When i would shower would when it would come off. Eye liner on the lid margin comes off anyway through out the day from tears though. I woinder if this really contributed to my MGD. I have wondered this for a while now! Ahhh if i could have my life over again i would do so many things differently!!!!!!
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

video.healio.com/video/Blepharitis-New-Ideas
            Dr Marguerite MacDonald describes her current regime for blepharitis after the TFOS DEWS report (video 18.7.12) - excellent. Explains stages of disorder, prescription, demodex, tear film osmolarity, intense pulse light therapy.

Comment

Great video! Thank you for posting. It beats reading the report, too. The discussion on Liposome Spray was new to me. I have what I think must be marginal anterior bleph --my doctor says it's mild bleph-- and recommends lid scrub and warm compresses. There are other issues, lacrimal gland damage due to RAI treatment, corneal disease, and failed cataract surgery.

Will try the spray as apparently it's not prescripton: http://www.amazon.com/Tears-Again-Ad.../dp/B000Q5RC5U

Is this a good product to try? Or is there a better one. Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.

Comment

Has anyone tried the liposome spray?

Of course, docs develop their own treatment protocols and every patient has different problems to fix but it's so good to hear about other people's successful regimes.

Comment

I used it this spring when I could not use artificial tears due to stinging. Without effect unfortunately. May be it is because I am tear deficious too.

Comment

http://www.eurotimes.org/ A podcast talk based on the MGD sections of the TFOS Report by Friedrich Kruse, Erlangen, Germany.
                    Last edited by littlemermaid; 26-Oct-2012, 05:03.

Comment

Thank-you for posting these videos. I just watched the video with Mark Hyman. He is excellent and has written a very good book "The Blood Sugar Solution." I believe this book could benefit everyone who is trying to live a healthier lifestyle. He really makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X