Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait 'til I post a picture

Comment

Hi neil, what are the symptoms of a yeast infection, and what is given for it? i was only on doxy for 10 days...Now im scared. all my symptoms are like heart burn, indegestion. the doctor has given me something for IBS coz he thinks it might be that.. feels abit better but we will see.

My sinuses feel better than they did but they are still there and noticable and will prob come back so i still need to see an ent.

Oh and i started drinking some good bacteria yoghut the day it didnt feel as bad, then it felt worse the next day so didnt want to do that again.
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

When I was on Doxy in the past I was warned not to take it on empty stomach and to not lie down for a while after in case it damages the esophagus lining. I was fine taking it, until one day I swallowed one before bed and I had the same symptoms as you describe above. It took days to overcome. Apart from yeast infection, if you are careful of how you take Doxy I don't think there would be a problem.

Comment

doxy is terrible for yeast infection

2 months after stopping doxy i have developped a yeast infection and i seem to be full of candida everywhere ugly!!!!!
          so if you think you are safe because you seem normal while taking it......don t loose hope it can happen even after stopping

as for light sensitivity i don t know if it makes it worse or not, but i hope this is a joke if it does as doxy was given to me to stop photophobia qnd i still have it

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123
            Hi

What does light sensitivity or photo phobia feel like? i can feel my sinus pain worse when i look at natural light, i get a sharp pain in what i think is me forehead sinuses, where the pain from my sinuses are is on my eyebrows, just below my eye brows and inbetween my eyes (nose). I dont know whether this is due to my sinus problem and the close proximity to my eyes or its light sensitive problem with my eyes, any ideas? I dont get the sharp pain in my other sinuses on my cheaks but i do have sinus pain here as well.

I have noticed the problem worse after i went on doxy for 1 week, but cant say for sure, becuase i wasnt outside that often. but it is a recent thing. doxy does have light sensitive listed as a side effect somewhere.

Any ideas about whether this is light sensitivity or more to do with the sinus problem?

I developed dryeye about 5 or 6 years ago and I also have light sensitivity but I have had a problem with bright light since I was a child. I can remember going outside and I would have to squint because of the bright sunlight and my eyes would start watering. After a minute or so my eyes would adjust and I would be all right. I still have light sensitivity and have eye glasses that tint in bright light. As far as myself I don't think the dryeye has anything to do with my light sensitivity. I also have allergy and sinus problems but I don't have much problem with that anymore either since I found out what was causing my problem. I don't know if everyone with dryeye would develop a light sensitivity problem it would be interesting to have a poll and see how many people are affected by it.

Laura

Comment

Originally posted by WineLady24
              I developed dryeye about 5 or 6 years ago and I also have light sensitivity but I have had a problem with bright light since I was a child. I can remember going outside and I would have to squint because of the bright sunlight and my eyes would start watering. After a minute or so my eyes would adjust and I would be all right. I still have light sensitivity and have eye glasses that tint in bright light. As far as myself I don't think the dryeye has anything to do with my light sensitivity. I also have allergy and sinus problems but I don't have much problem with that anymore either since I found out what was causing my problem. I don't know if everyone with dryeye would develop a light sensitivity problem it would be interesting to have a poll and see how many people are affected by it.

Laura
              It is a great idea to have a poll to check what is the percentage of photophobia with DE syndrom
              everyone should say how long DE and how long photophobia
              for myself i found out i had light sensitivity and then was diagnosed with DE
              my DE is finished.. supposetly but light sensitivity remains especially on strong UV days
              itr has been just a year today i went to see an ophtalmo because of this

Comment

Sazy,

Doxycycline can cause headache, as well as gastrointestinal side effects, such as heartburn, diarrhea, stomach upset, etc. It sounds to me as if many of your symptoms can be attributed to the Doxy. Also, any headache, if it's bad enough, can cause a little photophobia. And photophobia can also accompany dry eye. If I were you, I'd stop the doxy ans see how many of your problems resolve.

good luck,

Kathel

Comment

Working...
                X