Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone recommend me a skin/face moisturizer safe around eyes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chimera View Post
    well now I dont know...I got tested for allergies & i came out negative for everything, but I have no idea if any of those chemicals were in the test.

I use ocusoft twice a day now, i used to use it 3 to 4 times a day. I need to use something like it b/c I get so much residue/gunk/flakes from the hourly use of Refresh & other drops. I wonder if its the constant use of drops that have me itchy & not so much the Ocu...

I notice on the Purpose bottle says it cant get into your eyes. I need something that I can spread very close under/over the lid margin of my eye b/c that where it itches. I do use Aveno natural skin cream for the rest of my body & havent had problems with it, maybe I can find soemthing for my face from them? Im also gona try Burts Bee's, many folks with allergies seem to like that product.

thanks for the help and ideas so far, keep em coming!
    Chimera- I urge you not to put any moisturizer close to or over the lid margin of your eye. Have you thought of stopping ocusoft and just using a clean facecloth or q-tip dipped in warm water to clear the residue? I have somewhat the same problem. leftover gunk from azasite and restasis. It's bad enough that none of these things seem to help but the globs they leave on what's left of your lashes is really annoying. Good luck to you- hope it's at least warm in Miami, 33 degrees and high winds here in PA today.

Comment

"I get so much residue/gunk/flakes from the hourly use of Refresh & other drops. I wonder if its the constant use of drops that have me itchy"

I just started using the Refresh Optive Sensitive which has helped a lot with the dryness chapping that comes from so many drops. I think that I am using a little less drops as well.
      Some years ago, I stopped using soap on my face altogether, just spray it down with water or use a really wet paper towel to scrub with water around my eyes, nose and other areas where oils tend to build up. I saw a tv show where someone advised using the oils from the forehead as a lip gloss while out on the ski slope and no chap stick... It sounded gross but truly you can't get much more natural than using your own personal moisturizer. LOL

Comment

when i have super dry days and i use too many drops i also get major flakes on my eyelashes... on days i dont use as many drops i dont get the flakes.. yes the drops can def do this
        Jenny

Comment

When I complained about eye scrubs and being so terribly dry around the eyes, the eye doctor said only to scrub once in the morning. I used Ocusoft, but the pad part was irritating my eyes, so went back to baby shampoo and cotton buds. I put vaseline around the eyes before steaming and expressing. It cuts down on the friction when you express. That made a big difference in improving the eyelid irritation. I also put vaseline on the lids before going to bed. A washcloth that is very warm, but not hot, may also be helpful. You are right chimera. It is a big problem, and I have it too.

Comment

well I cut Ocusoft back to once a day & am using Aveeno body moisturizer on the skin right under my brow over my eyelids(but not the actual skin on my lids) & under my eye & it seems to have helped a bit with the dryness & wrinkling. But my lid line & the skin at the corners of my eyes still itches badly. Im going to wait to see my doctor(on the 27th) b/c I wonder if she can recommend something thats better suited and safer for that area. Also the pharmacist at CVS told me that most of the OTC facial moisturizers I was looking at are cosmetic & I may need something thats more related to dry eye.

Id also like to know if I do have MGD or not. My doc told me I have a little bit, but that she thinks its the aqueos deficielcy that is causing it & she is trying to treat that first, but I wonder if its time to try some MGD treatments now.
            miserable in Miami...

Comment

In Dr. Latkany's book, I think he recommends a face lotion that is oil free, hypo-allergenic, and fragrance free. Neutrogena makes a few products.

Comment

Working...
              X