New Floater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INFORMATION ON FLOATERS

Floaters are caused by cellular debris casting a shadow on the retina.

99% of floaters are caused by eye infections like conjunctivitis.

It's an indication of internal bleeding of the eye, during a bad case of conjunctivitis, This happens because one of the blood vessels burst in the eye due to inflammation. Thus when it repairs itself the dead blood cells end up trapped in the vitreous fluid of the eye. Causing shadows to be cast on the back of the retina and Floaters to appear.

There is one man in the world Who has a Treatment to get rid of Floaters His name is Dr. John Karickhoff

The man has created his own patent for the FDA and invented a special contact lens to focus a cone beam laser to zap floaters.

The floaters are then burned into gas bubbles which are then absorbed of the body, As of right now this is the ONLY treatment of floaters, other than just ignoring them and wearing dark sunglasses.

I have spoken with this physician on floaters and He explained that his cone beam laser does exactly what it says, it focuses to a single point inside the vitreous fluid thus No damage can be done to the retina or the cornea because of the type of laser he uses.

Its amazing technology, Its sad more eye care professionals haven't considered this guy who has been Curing people of floaters all over the world for the last decade.

If you are frustrated with floaters make sure to check him out, more physicians I hear now do the procedure.

Comment

^Did this physician also explain that his laser will likely replace a persons one or two large floaters with lots of tiny ones after the laser treatments!? I hope he did explain the negatives.

Btw, what are these 'flashing lights' we are told of? I get these small dot type light flashes (like a laser beam) that come then go within a few seconds, sometimes like a black spot too, but have had my eyes tested and nothing serious? I cant find any pics on google showing examples so if anyone can let me know please. I know other things such as migraines or eye inflammation may cause visual disturbances at times.

Also my cornea is usually sore (middle of eye), and i was told this is due to dryness and doesnt need any drops or steroids for it, but what if its uveitis?? My opth didnt seem concerned though and i wonder if the inflammation caused the cloud floater i have in my right eye. A few months ago i looked up at the sky and saw what i can only describe as a squiggly cloud outline in black, i thought it was macular degeneration, i then saw it on the white wall of a building, but its gone since, i wonder if my inner eye soreness caused it as again my eye doc dismisses everything i ask her about and is rushing everything? Any ideas?

Comment

////////////
        Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn1 View Post
          ^Did this physician also explain that his laser will likely replace a persons one or two large floaters with lots of tiny ones after the laser treatments!? I hope he did explain the negatives..... Btw, what are these 'flashing lights' we are told of?
          Ok as far as breaking up large floaters yes this is what dr. John Karloff does or with the pulsing of the laser beam, he can make them move out of your field of vision, as far as the small floaters, He did explain that, he doesn't operate on those, That his procedure is for those whom have so large floaters that it blocks their vision. Some People have so large floaters, that it keeps them from seeing anything. Now I am not sure if in the future they will be able to zap those smaller floaters into gas bubbles, but maybe in the future when the technology catches on, there will be a procedure for those small pesky floaters as well.

As far as Flashes in the eye, This is what I have heard of is called a retina detachment. Simply put your eye and its centers are becoming detached from the optical nerve. Those flashes you see are the malfunction of the optic nerve and its connections to the retina might be failing slightly. However, this is caused by high ocular pressure, I would consult your physician on this one and have your ocular pressure checked.

Comment

Originally posted by MeibomianGlandman View Post
            Ok as far as breaking up large floaters yes this is what dr. John Karloff does or with the pulsing of the laser beam, he can make them move out of your field of vision, as far as the small floaters, He did explain that, he doesn't operate on those, That his procedure is for those whom have so large floaters that it blocks their vision. Some People have so large floaters, that it keeps them from seeing anything. Now I am not sure if in the future they will be able to zap those smaller floaters into gas bubbles, but maybe in the future when the technology catches on, there will be a procedure for those small pesky floaters as well.

As far as Flashes in the eye, This is what I have heard of is called a retina detachment. Simply put your eye and its centers are becoming detached from the optical nerve. Those flashes you see are the malfunction of the optic nerve and its connections to the retina might be failing slightly. However, this is caused by high ocular pressure, I would consult your physician on this one and have your ocular pressure checked.
            I've been told my eye pressure is fine and retina, optic nerve etc... are healthy. It may be due to migraines and I also have low blood sugar levels at times.

How far back are the studies relating to laser beam usage for floaters and patients? Any case studies?

Comment

The reason why laser treatment for floaters is not widespread is because it is a controversial procedure that has in some cases caused patients alot more problems. Meibomianglandman as jen1 said many patients have reported that there floaters have merely been broken up into more smaller floaters rather than getting rid of them.

As far as Dr Karichoff saying that this procedure can't harm the eye this is simply not true. There have been various reports of this procedure causing blind spots in people's peripheral vision. I don't know Dr Karichoff but what you have to remember is that like a LASIK surgeon his opinion is obviously going to be highly in favour of the procedure he is making money from.

I don't know if i can mention other forums but there is a very good floaters forum available which has alot of patient information and feedback about this procedure. I think when deciding on a procedure like this it is important not to take just the surgeons word on it's effectiveness.
              Last edited by robster; 25-Nov-2012, 17:24. Reason: grammer

Comment

Double posted - my bad!
                Last edited by robster; 25-Nov-2012, 14:28. Reason: double post

Comment

Yup I know...Lol but if you Like someone with Floater in your eye, You gonna Take the Risks if you wanna see :P well Like you said it don't address all floaters and there is a RISK of Retinal Detachment, But Because the laser a cone beam it don't focus on the retina that is one of the misconceptions that Lasik physican's believe can happen because they don's ask Dr. Karickhoff about the details, and they think its a standard ophthalmic laser. Now This peripheral vision thing I hadn't thought of and that does make sense. Ill have to check that out, Lol I always like a good critic, helps to question everything I say.

Comment

Working...
                  X