I worry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Worry (Jade)

Now, I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I've been using polysporin ointment on my lids during the day because they get so dry and irritated. This is an antibiotic ointment. It really makes them feel better. I also do lid scrubs and compresses twice day. I h ave had blepharitis anad MGD for two years. I go to an opthamologist once a year and the rest of the time I'm on my own. Opthamologists are hard to find in Canada and one needs a referral. Seems like you have more choice in the U.S. Do you have any ideas for coping with dry, irritated lids other than ointment? Thanks.
    Tarah
    Last edited by Tarah; 16-Nov-2006, 12:08. Reason: forgot title

Comment

Tarah, I use moisturizer as in "cold cream." When I wash my face, or get out of the shower, I always moisturize my face and include my eyelids in the routine. Any good commercial moisturizer should not hurt and normally will relieve some of the dryness problem.

A male friend with dry eyes used to tell me he used his wife's Estee' Lauder moisturizer around his eyelids.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy,

So the "cold cream" doesn't burn when it seeps thru your eyelids? I have this happen all the time. One thing in particular is when I use sunscreen lotion (even far away from my eyes), eventually my eyes will REALLY burn...

Comment

Thanks for the info. I bought special eye cream hypo-allergenic, but I found it stung my eyes. I'm wondering what would happen if I dilute it with water. Might try that. I'll see if I can find a hypo-allergenic cold cream. Anything with perfume bothers my eyes.
          Tarah :

Comment

Working...
          X