Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long term effects of Pataday?

Hi everyone.

I was just wanting to know if there have been any known side effects of using Pataday Long term?
    I was given a sample of it the other day, because on top of my severe dry eyes, i have allergies.
    Pataday seems to clear up the inflammtion and irritation (but not for long, depending on what enviroment I am in, it wears off in about a few hours and my eyes are back to being red and awful feeling).

As of right now I am using:
    Restasis 2x a day
    Thera Tears (PF) every 15 mins
    20% serum drops (I use maybe around 6 times a day)

And I also use Lotemax and Flarex sparingly, usually on days when I go to school and then weekend I am going out with friends.

I have read on here that Pataday can make dryness worse a time goes on...
    and for about the past week, I am waking up with my left eye already inflamed and red. This used to not happen, so I am not sure if it's the Pataday or just another factor (like the colder climate, or my eye maks is on wrong)

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm on the half strength version of Pataday and dose twice a day. It does also make my eyes a little whiter for a while before they return to their 'normal' pink state. Especially after my evening dose, my eyes feel quite a bit dryer. It also contains BAK so i don't think it should be considered a long term option. I hope to be able to wean off onto a non-BAK anti-histamine at some point. As for your red eye, are you taking the drop AM or PM? if PM then it might be related, i doubt it if you drop on the morning.

Comment

Well it started becoming red even before I started pataday. I put them in afternoon ish.

So I dont know.
      My sleep mask broke so I have been without a good sleep mask. I have been waiting for my tranquileyes to come in, I am hoping that could be something to do with the extra dryness and redness in the mornings again?

Comment

Working...
      X