Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I communicated with founder of Tear Solutions ..see below info

Dearest friends,

It is truly a wonderful that soon we will have something inexpensively effective..But for few who don't won't to wait for 5 years ,you can get a similar effect now with the remedy that is available to you NOW and your doctors keeping you unaware or unwilling to prescribe ...it is a Serum eye drops..look below for proof...i am from pet industry ..If you love Dogs here is me :} http://russiandogwizard.us/home.html
    Many dogs have the same dry eyes problems so ..the future eye drops will work for dogs as well...the rest see below ..
    Vladae

Dear Vladislav:

Thanks for your interest. Likely it will be at least as effective as serum. Unfortunately, we are not at the stage of being able to provide product.

Might need your help getting the word out for crowd funding.

Great to note your canine connection,

Gordon Laurie, PhD
    Founder, TearSolutions LLC
    www.tearsolutions.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dog2012 View Post
      Dearest friends,

It is truly a wonderful that soon we will have something inexpensively effective..But for few who don't won't to wait for 5 years ,you can get a similar effect now with the remedy that is available to you NOW and your doctors keeping you unaware or unwilling to prescribe ...it is a Serum eye drops..look below for proof...i am from pet industry ..If you love Dogs here is me :} http://russiandogwizard.us/home.html
      Many dogs have the same dry eyes problems so ..the future eye drops will work for dogs as well...the rest see below ..
      Vladae

Dear Vladislav:

Thanks for your interest. Likely it will be at least as effective as serum. Unfortunately, we are not at the stage of being able to provide product.

Might need your help getting the word out for crowd funding.

Great to note your canine connection,

Gordon Laurie, PhD
      Founder, TearSolutions LLC
      www.tearsolutions.com
      I hope it is better than serum because even at 100% it made my eyes worse and not better. i am so much more comfortable without it.. i think for some it is wonderful but unfortunately for me it wasn't. We are all so different in what will and won't help us

Comment

I do not like to discourage any therapy that might be beneficial to a person suffering with ocular surface issues. I take exception to any person, patient, scientist, doctor who says that any one thing can solve all dry eye problems. While this product may indeed increase basal tears, I read nothing about how it will remain on the ocular surface if there is no mucin layer. I did not see where there was a reference to how these new basal tear's evaporation rate would be regulated. I did not read how if a patient has a systemic disease that diminishes tear production this would override the disease. I did not read how glands that have atrophied will be made to start secreting again.

Ocular surface issues are complex in their causes and my experience tells me that each individual will need a unique approach of products, therapies and time.

I am also concerned that a company would attempt to circumvent investing laws with "crowd funding".

Comment

Originally posted by indrep View Post
          I do not like to discourage any therapy that might be beneficial to a person suffering with ocular surface issues. I take exception to any person, patient, scientist, doctor who says that any one thing can solve all dry eye problems. While this product may indeed increase basal tears, I read nothing about how it will remain on the ocular surface if there is no mucin layer. I did not see where there was a reference to how these new basal tear's evaporation rate would be regulated. I did not read how if a patient has a systemic disease that diminishes tear production this would override the disease. I did not read how glands that have atrophied will be made to start secreting again.

Ocular surface issues are complex in their causes and my experience tells me that each individual will need a unique approach of products, therapies and time.

I am also concerned that a company would attempt to circumvent investing laws with "crowd funding".
          What is your opinion of the AMX treatment members have been discussing? I think it is similar to the amniotic membrane transplant done for severe cases? I thank you!

Comment

Karen,
            My experience with amniotic membrane is it can have amazing results. My understanding is its method of action is the ultra high concentrations of Hyaluronan (HA, Sodium Hyaluronate).

As for the ionized or reconstituted version, I only have experience with it when it is injected into joints. I know it does work to relieve pain in joints and provide lubricity for improved movement. As for the use on the eye I have no experience. theoretically it should work. There are currently two HA based artificial tears available in the US. Many in Japan and Europe. I would likely try Oasis TEARS Plus or Blink before moving to a reconstituted version of HA.

Comment

It is comparison between apple and orange

Karen,
              My experience with amniotic membrane is it can have amazing results. My understanding is its method of action is the ultra high concentrations of Hyaluronan (HA, Sodium Hyaluronate).

As for the ionized or reconstituted version, I only have experience with it when it is injected into joints. I know it does work to relieve pain in joints and provide lubricity for improved movement. As for the use on the eye I have no experience. theoretically it should work. There are currently two HA based artificial tears available in the US. Many in Japan and Europe. I would likely try Oasis TEARS Plus or Blink before moving to a reconstituted version of HA.

Comment

Dog2012, Have you ever been tested for Demodex mites? Dogs can carry them and they contribute to mgd, inflamation, etc.

Comment

While this product may indeed increase basal tears, I read nothing about how it will remain on the ocular surface if there is no mucin layer. I did not see where there was a reference to how these new basal tear's evaporation rate would be regulated. I did not read how if a patient has a systemic disease that diminishes tear production this would override the disease. I did not read how glands that have atrophied will be made to start secreting again.

That is what was bothering me since I learned about lacritin and that it is such a breakthrough treatment. It is heal ocular surface and increase basal tearing, but what about lipid tear film layer? My TBUT is about 4 sec after minor corneal injury and now I have mentholish dry eye. So it seems that I have tears, but they evaporate. And I do not know if lacritin can actually help me in such drastic way. Though I really do want to hope for this.

I also found some patent describing lipid secretion promoter containing lacritin which is helpful in evaporative dry eye, but I do not quite understand what it actually means as I not so good in english and medicine...
                  Last edited by Andrey_V; 27-Dec-2014, 17:39.

Comment

Any updates on when lacritin or lacripep will be available? Anyone know how the clinical trials have been going?

Comment

You can see updates on their facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/LacritinAndDryEye

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Just had a quick look at fb site, if they are looking at packaging it must be quite near (year or two?) To launching?
                          Hopefully we will all get to try this soon.
                          People have recovered, so can we.
                          www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

This is at indrep http://iovs.arvojournals.org/article...icleid=2129545 that gives a bit of information plus, I do remember reading about Lacritin being able to revive the lacrimal gland if it dies, I can't find the link but it's said that too. Also some info on being able to stimulate all three layers? (Not sure about this) I can only see it being good for oil and water later. hope this helps.

Comment

Also, I contacted the person who is working on this Gordon? I think his name was, I got told it's 2017 for phase 1/2 trials and they are still raising funds for it and think it will take at least 4 years until it is complete in the USA, and no studies in the uk.

Comment

ugh, too long! Thanks for the info, though, at least I know not to hold my breath waiting

Comment

Working...
                                X