Xiidra Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xiidra Safety

I was given a prescription for Xiidra today for my dry eye. I am reluctant to use this medication because it has not been tested for long-term side effects. I read everyone's post about how the drops are either helping or not helping and see all the comments on side effects. But this drug is so new and it scares me to put something in my eyes that no one know for sure if in a few years this drug won't be recalled because it is found to cause lasting bad effects on the eye. I understand it attaches to the cell somehow and blocks the chemicals absorbed in the eye. I also get very worried when the FDA just pushes so many new drugs to the market. So many of these new drugs are supposed "miracle" drugs and then a few years down the way I see the same miracle drug being showcased in mass lawsuits because of horrible harm it brought the users. So I guess until this drug has been on the market for a few years I am not going to give it a try. Does anyone know anything about long-term side effects?
Working...
X