Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received shipment from the UK (via Amazon) of Clinitas Soothe hyaluronate drops (0.4% which seems to be the highest percentage of HA available in the various drops offered). I have to say, they have actually been pretty helpful thus far. I have used 3 drops a day, for the past 4 days. At $13.98 shipped for 20 individual (and resealable) 0.5ml droppers, this is a pretty good deal. It does take 2 weeks or so from the UK to the US, but for others here in the States, they may be worth a try if you, like me, have seemingly tried every other drop known to mankind

Comment

Which shows best results for:
      (A) dry eyes (B) sensitive/allergic/irradiated eyes

(1) any of the drops mentioned above?
      (2) or Freshkote?
      (3) or Refresh Plus - preserv.free
      (4) or Restasis
      CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Well, since I have been using the sodium hyaluronate drops now for a little over 2 months, I will weigh in with my experiences. I tried Clinitas Soothe drops in the individual vials, as well as the Vismed multi (comes in a 10ml dropper bottle). I found the Clinitas to be more "soothing" as its name implies, but have found them both quite helpful - in the way that all of the other drops and artificial tears I have tried, have not been.
        That said, I have done some follow-up research on these, and it seems that the main concern with these (at least as far as the FDA is concerned) has been the possibility that long-term use of these will lead to corneal calcification, due to the percentage of phosphate used as one of the buffers in these solutions. This study (from 2006) indicated that it was a serious issue for a number of patients: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1856937/

I have checked the ingredients out on both of the above drops and see that they still contain varying levels of disodium phosphates, so am going to discontinue using these brands. I did find out though that both Hycosan Extra and Hylo Forte claim to now be both preservative-free and phosphate-free. Therefore, since I have found the HA drops to be very helpful overall, I will look into acquiring those instead.
        Last edited by MGD666; 15-Feb-2015, 05:48.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
          I did find out though that both Hycosan Extra and Hylo Forte claim to now be both preservative-free and phosphate-free. Therefore, since I have found the HA drops to be very helpful overall, I will look into acquiring those instead.
          Sounds interesting, so I ordered some.
          My concern is whether it leaves a similar type coating as Theratears which did me no good

Well, I shall see, when it arrives.

sigpic

Comment

Just following up on my sodium hyaluronate eye drop experiments: I received the Hycosan Extra drops and while they are fine (and phosphate-free which is what led me to try them), the drop that has given me the most relief of the 3 I have tried, is definitely Clinitas Soothe. The CEO of Altacor (the company who makes these) assured me that the sodium phosphate they use as a buffer, is quite low percentage-wise, and therefore the risks of calcification are actually minimal even for long term use of this drop). Nevertheless, they are looking into manufacturing this drop in the future without the sodium phosphate. In the meantime, I will continue to use the Soothe a few times daily, as it seems to be the best of these type of drops - at least for me. I am now down to this, Freshkote, and my old standby Genteal Severe Dry Eye Gel as my drops of choice.

Minni? Have you received your Hycosan Extra yet?

And off subject here, but I'm curious if there any Bion Tears users reading this? I have always been curious about those, but never tried them. What other drop/s are they most like?

Comment

Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
              Minni? Have you received your Hycosan Extra yet?
              Yes, i've been finding the Hycosan Extra to cause me blurriness which is hard to get rid of. I don't even get eventual relief from it. Whereas the Refresh Optive Sensitive I do get some relief from, as I do from Refresh Plus & Systane Ultra & Genteal-Severe & Similisan-Dry (however temporary some may be).

As for the long-ago Dwelle, although initially I felt it awful & burny, down the road it gave relief. Real relief.
              So I suspect that FreshKote would be absolutely the best for me, but its too expensive.
              And I hold the FDA responsible for that!

So insofar as I'm concerned, I classify Hycosan Extra along with Theratears.
              Both did me no good. It's hard to be more precise, except to say what I said.
              Look, I guess I can give it a couple more tries, so I may still change my mind. I don't know.

What I suspect:
              Perhaps my spheroidal degeneration
              causes these types of drops to have a poorer effect on me, than they would on a smoother-surfaced-eye? Like, maybe my eyes are similar to attempting to superglue something onto a rough-edge vs. a smooth edge? I know this is a weird analogy, but can't think of anything better.

sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to add a P.S.

I've been finding that when I do the Hycosan in conjunction with a warm eye mask, then its OK.
                Whereas when I merely apply the Hycosan eyedrops WITHOUT warm-mask, then I feel "blurry & even sorta dryish, as if the applied spots have become hardened".

I suspect its that which has caused some people to get severely blocked meiobians, except in their case, maybe their eyes weren't so sensitive to pick up on something being rotten in state of denmark. Unlike miner-canary types like me.
                I'm not saying I don't have blocked meiobians. I probably do. Just maybe not as severe.

So perhaps those with less-sensitive eyes use tons & tons of eyedrops, such as the woman on the video who had probing done by Dr.******. Maybe her eyes were more dry than sensitive, so she didn't FEEL the badness which those drops were doing to her eyes?? Similar to the way people who lack hearing or lack olfactory-sense can't be warned of an oncoming car, or gas-leak?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X