X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do veins in the eye disappear?

Hi,

Sorry for the rather stupid question but I was wondering...

How do veins in the eye disappear? Do the shrink, or shorten in size, or eventually fade out?

After six months of eye drop abuse and two months of going into eye drop 'cold turkey' recovery I still have a lot of veins in my eye. They have faded in redness but don't seem to be going or shrinking in length.

Will they just fade out very slowly?? I feel like I'm watching paint dry.

Please please please if anyone has experience with red eyes returning 'back to normal' let me know.

Also if anyone had experienced rebound redness and overcome it please get in touch.

Please anyone?? I'm so depressed about this, I'm reaching the end of my tether and don't think I'll ever recover. Please please please.

Comment

Dear Claire,

I am not a very good counselour Also because english is not my native language and it's always harder to have words of wisdows. So I am sorry in advance.

I remember that at the beginning of my dry eye... my only concerne was if my eyes looked red... I don't longer care about it! I still don't like when people point that out.... But I live with that.

Sometimes we need to take a step back to go foward. So they look red, so try to concentrate in someting else otherwise that became the only thing you care about.

For exemple when I was in a bad phase (eyes related) I watch a lot of beauty vídeos. And I am not a vain person... I needed something diferent to take my mind of the eyes area. So I started to pay more attention to the hair, the hands, the creams... I know it sound a crazy but sometimes we need to trick our brain.

Also, I strated to look everyone eyes and ok 85% look white... but the rest have red eyes... Just because! No dry eyes, no diseases. My manager have red and yellow eyes (I think he works to hard).

So be kind with yourself and take a break. Don't look at them... You will make it!!

Have a nice day!! Away from mirrows!!! Ahahaahah

Comment

Thanks for the support but psychologically I'm past ignoring the issue.

I just need hope my eyes will one day heal?

Comment

The first step is the psychological

Then the other things will heal!

Comment

Originally posted by RFREITAS View Post
            The first step is the psychological

Then the other things will heal!
            I've given up believing it's mind over matter. I am seeing a CBT therapist but it isn't working.

Comment

I am not a role model! But everything starts in our head Otherwise how could we explain that people with more agravate diseases do "impossible" things. For some.... their mind is already strong... for other (like me) they need to learn how to!

I know that is difficult to understand... but time and persistente is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by RFREITAS View Post
                I am not a role model! But everything starts in our head Otherwise how could we explain that people with more agravate diseases do "impossible" things. For some.... their mind is already strong... for other (like me) they need to learn how to!

I know that is difficult to understand... but time and persistente is everything.
                I know, I need to be stronger minded but I'm just looking for someone who has been what I've been through and made it out the other side. I don't any to give up on the fact that maybe my eyes could heal and need to hear it from someone who has been through the rebound redness stage themselves.

Comment

Hey

I have been through the rebound redness and hellish looking eyes. After 3.5 years of restasis, steroids, doxy, compresses and cliradex, my eyes are not red anymore. Low carb diet has really helped out too. My eyelids are still red but the actual whites of my eyes are white again. There's hope for redness, it just takes time. My eyes still hurt and are dry, but the redness went away. Just stick to treatments and don't give up hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
                    Hey

I have been through the rebound redness and hellish looking eyes. After 3.5 years of restasis, steroids, doxy, compresses and cliradex, my eyes are not red anymore. Low carb diet has really helped out too. My eyelids are still red but the actual whites of my eyes are white again. There's hope for redness, it just takes time. My eyes still hurt and are dry, but the redness went away. Just stick to treatments and don't give up hope.
                    Thanks faith1989, can I ask how long you were on the vasoconstrictors for?

Comment

Years and years. I don't really recall why.. That's why I think it took years to get the redness down.

Comment

This is WAY off label, but I have heard of some doctors using a very dilute concentration of Alphagan-p(a glaucoma med) in a bottle of systane for chronic red eyes. From what I have heard it works very well. Maybe you can bring it up with your eye doctor... He or she may not be comfortable with the off label use, but it may be worth a try. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Eyewarmers View Post
                          This is WAY off label, but I have heard of some doctors using a very dilute concentration of Alphagan-p(a glaucoma med) in a bottle of systane for chronic red eyes. From what I have heard it works very well. Maybe you can bring it up with your eye doctor... He or she may not be comfortable with the off label use, but it may be worth a try. Good luck.
                          I find that interesting because I get severe headaches, and i've read that Glaucoma eye drops help people for headaches - but go get an ophtho to prescribe them for me - HA.

It's all interconnected - here's why:

Coffee (not just glaucoma drops) helps for headaches AND it reduces inflamed eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions:

(1) why the need for vasoconstrictors?
                          Isn't coffee a vasoconstrictor?

(2) Why do people keep talking about "low-carb" and "avoiding dairy" and other stuff like that?
                          I find that both Lysine -including dairy-Lysine & eggs- & Sweeteners are actually good for me.
                          I find that INGESTING CITRIC-ACID & HIGH-SODIUM is what's bad for me
                          After all, if they irritate skin, why shouldn't they also eventually reach your eyes & irritate those as well?
                          CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X