Chronic Dry Eye Caused by Not Blinking Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic Dry Eye Caused by Not Blinking Enough

Hello everyone. I have chronic dry eyes from not blinking enough. I won't go into the details too much, but its very bad. So bad that it has affected my daily life, eye drops don't work, the eye doctors I've seen in the past have let me down, etc. Please, can anybody who has had dry eye caused by not blinking enough give me any advice or tips on how to help this ailment? (I know I should probably see a doctor, but they've let me down in the past. I won't see one until some time later). What has worked for those who has this condition or had it (this type of dry eye)? I would appreciate anyone's input, and thank you in advance for those who took the time to read this.

Hello gman0295 - I do not blink enough either, and have been diagnosed as a "partial blinker" as well. I also have a problem with my eyes drying out badly overnight unless I use a mask or tape to keep my lids shut while sleeping. Some good info here in this thread regarding blinking exercises: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...king+exercises

These have helped me somewhat, but it's really important to keep up with doing these regularly to see any results. If you are a heavy computer user, this is most likely exacerbating your problem, so it's vital to do these, as well as utilize some visual reminders to keep up your blinking rate. There is a nice customizable program you can download for free called "time out" which is very helpful, as is something as simple as installing a few of these on your computer screen: http://www.dryeyezone.com/reminders/

For help keeping your eyes moist at night (if you have this problem) I have found a relatively new product made by Eyeeco called "eyeseals" to be of great help (especially when wetting the foam pads and placing them within the chambers for both eyes):
    http://www.eyeeco.com/category/icate..._more____.html

Anyway, just a few suggestions there. Keep blinking!

Comment

Hey thanks for taking the time to reply MGD666. I do hope that the things you're doing overnight for your eyes are working because having this condition sucks.

I have tried taking the time to blink purposefully, but it hasn't done anything to help me out. Nothing noticeable, at least. Its nice that they're helping you out though. I actually do not really use computers or anything like that. I'm currently out of school for a while (on break) so im getting alot of shuteye, fortunately. I do play video games and am on my computer and doing other things as well, but i try to not stay on those things for more than 40 mins at a time with alot of rest time in between doing those things.

Fortunately, also, i don't have a problem with my eyes being dried out overnight (at least i think). Thank you still for giving me the suggestion about the eyeseals product by Eyeeco.

Oh, and im getting some punctul plugs that were put in my eyes months ago removed. They haven't helped any the time I've had them in.

Hopefully both you and I can get rid of these dry eyes of ours.

Comment

Working...
      X