Is Blephasteam worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meibum Ian View Post
    My understanding is that it is not approved as a medical device in the US, therefore possible legal issues around shipping it there.

If you did get one, you would only need a plug adapter - not a transformer. The device accepts input voltage 100V-240V.
    I agree with Meibum Ian . This is what the plug says:

AC/DC adaptor
    Type: FW7333SM/09
    Input: 100V~ - 240V~ [My note >> notice the tilde "~" symbol, which can mean "approximately"]
    50Hz - 60Hz / 200-80mA
    Output: 9V / 800mA [ My note >> the "9V" is immediately followed by a "-" with 3 dots under it ... this is BEFORE the "/"... I have no idea what this symbol means though]

You should be able to buy a UK-US plug adaptor in any travel supply store, or on Amazon.

Comment

Conair Facial Steamer is great for MGD, clogged pores and stuffy noses. It is $24.99 on Amazon. Click image for larger version

Name:	61d-BXkB12L._SY679_.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	222353

Comment

Originally posted by TARYN View Post
        Conair Facial Steamer is great for MGD, clogged pores and stuffy noses. It is $24.99 on Amazon. Click image for larger version  Name:	61d-BXkB12L._SY679_.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	222353
        Definitely worth considering. In my case, I'd develop a chronic bad cough from steamers that caused me to breath in the steam directly like that on a daily basis... but if one doesn't run into that problem, this looks like a cool product to try. Before investing in something pricier like Blephasteam, maybe try Taryn's suggestion woodart .

Comment

SAAG are the Blephasteam goggles still working for you?

I did lipiflow and IPL, my glands clogged back up again. do these goggles help hardened oils soften ?

Comment

Originally posted by orange86 View Post
            SAAG are the Blephasteam goggles still working for you?

I did lipiflow and IPL, my glands clogged back up again. do these goggles help hardened oils soften ?
            I personally think the goggles are a scam, warm compress via microwave is more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

I personally think the goggles are a scam, warm compress via microwave is more effective.
              deep_dry_eye have you used the goggles?

i do warm compress morning and night and my glands still are blocked.

Comment

I also have the blephasteam and find they are better/ easier than warm compresses, not too sure why but I think the direct contact of compressions causes some inflammation for me.

Comment

yes i have, and i ended up giving them away to someone else in this forum.

yes, warm compress alone isn't sufficient to unblock your glands. the problem is, if your glands are producing thick secretions, they will remain blocked after warm compress is over.

are you on xiidra/restasis/IPL? i really find IPL and the mixture of both xiidra/restasis can thin out the oils. the goal is to get the glands to produce good quality oils again.

Comment

deep_dry_eye

I did lipiflow and IPL x3 back in January and February. My glands still got blocked after.
                    I'm on ikervis (restatsis equivalent) since February which is about 5 months now and it has somewhat increased my tears (i had bad aqueous deficiency and MGD).

I thought ikervis was to increase tears rather than help the oils flow better?

Comment

deep_dry_eye

I did lipiflow and IPL x3 back in January and February. My glands still got blocked after.
                      I'm on ikervis (restatsis equivalent) since February which is about 5 months now and it has somewhat increased my tears (i had bad aqueous deficiency and MGD).

I thought ikervis was to increase tears rather than help the oils flow better?
                      The theory is that MGD is caused by inflammation (e.g., your own immune system attacking the tear glands). cyclosporine (ikervis/restasis) and lifitegrast (xiidra) are immunosuppressant drugs. they act differently so they can be used together to be more effective. the theory is that they suppress your immune system locally, and reduce inflammation to give a chance for your body and glands to recover and hopefully secrete better quality oil.

IPL somehow has similar affect as well, it somehow stimulates the oil glands to produce better quality oils and reduce inflammation. the exact mechanism of action is unknown.

did you find IPL helpful? i would suggest if you found IPL helpful to continue on that in conjunction of ikervis. it took 6+ sessions of IPL for me to notice a difference, and for awhile i was doing monthly IPL.

Comment

after doing lipiflow and ipl in January / feb i found a bit of relief , e.g. i could watch tv, look at computer screen and go outside with little discomfort. A month later i started eating ice cream, chocolate, etc and had a massive flare up. i've not been the same since.

ophthalmologists at my local hospital have no appreciation of mgd, i think there should be monthly manual gland expression treatment for us sufferers to try and keep the glands healthy.

i'm in England and we dont have xiidra here, just ikervis (restasis). I'm on ikervis 3x a day and lets hope it continues to work even better within the next few months - not sure if on it's own will help with mgd.

Comment

Hi. Orange86. Can I ask where you had your IPL and lipgloss please.

Comment

Hi, at the end of february I did the LipiFlow treatment and then I used Blephasteam for 3 months two times at day. Right after the blephasteam I massaged my eyelids with eyelids wipes.
                            Did it improved my eyes? I don't know. Maybe a very little bit. Was worth it? no.

Comment

What method are you using to warm your eyelids? If you heat the eyelids properly, then you have to massage the eyelids to make the lipid component flow.
                              As far as I know, blephasteam is the most effective way to warm the eyelids.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix View Post

What method are you using to warm your eyelids? If you heat the eyelids properly, then you have to massage the eyelids to make the lipid component flow.
                                As far as I know, blephasteam is the most effective way to warm the eyelids.
                                I disagree, I find blephasteam to be terrible at warming up my eyes. I find good old fashion microwave warm compress to be best.

Comment

Working...
                                X