Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortage of Lacrisert (hydroxypropyl cellulose ophthalmic insert)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Unbelievable! It's a simple chemical product....For two months now told they would be back in stock and then I never get. Found out back ordered again!!! I have extreme sicca/Sjogren's syndrome. This product is how I make it to work everyday. Shameful!!! Generic lacrisert should be available if they are going to hold my health hostage. And they're ridiculously expensive!! Thanks Donald Trump for the "best health care ever" Ha. Doesn't even have a freaking plan.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks! Do you feel that cutting them in half works ok?

Since Lacrisert is not sold in Norway (must be imported based on a prescription from an opthalmologist on a per user basis) no one has any samples unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Marylchamb
    replied
    I’ve been unable to locate any, either. I’m getting the same info from Bausch & Lomb but I’m so afraid they are going to discontinue them. Like your wife, I depend on them exclusively. I’ve even been cutting them in half to try to make the few I have last longer. I was able to get a few sample boxes from ophthalmologists here in town. Has your wife tried checking with local optometrist s/ophthalmologists?

Leave a comment:

• Shortage of Lacrisert (hydroxypropyl cellulose ophthalmic insert)

Hi

My wife has SS and SLE with severe sicca syndrome. She uses a lot of medications (prednisolone, hydroxychloroquine, azathioprine, rituximab, restasis, artificial tears, +++) but what works best for her when it comes to lubrication is Lacrisert in combination with one specific type of artifical tears. She is really dependent on Lacrisert.

Currently there is a shortage of Lacrisert in Scandinavia. I have contacted Bausch+Lomb in USA but they were not able to provide any information regarding when the product will be available again. They did however assure me that the product is not being discontinued.

In the meantime, if anyone has any Lacrisert that they are not using I would really appreciate a personal message on here. I'm interested in buying.

Thanks
    Regards Morten
Working...
X