Regener-Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regener-Eyes

Hello, I would like to ask about your opinion on Regener-Eyes. I would like to try this medication as the doctor thinks that my problems are caused by a few factors: mild mgd and corneal neuropathic pain. However, I found out that Regener-Eyes is not allowed in Canada. On the website of Health Canada it is said that
    "Health Canada is advising Canadians not to use the unauthorized biologic eye drops Regener-Eyes Ophthalmic Solution and Regener-Eyes Ophthalmic Solution Lite, which claim to contain human placenta materials. Health Canada has not authorized any health product containing human placenta in Canada and they may pose serious health risks.
    Human placenta is a biologic material and can contain infectious agents such as bacteria (e.g. Group B Streptococcus) and viruses (e.g. HIV or hepatitis)."
    I know that Canada seem to put this warning on other products that contain placenta. Do you really think this product is dangerous? Is there science that proves that this product is safe? I know there are many articles on the website of Regener-Eyes but I don't think that is a trustable source. Thank you!

i would also like to explore the option of this, please let me know the further availability and progression for this..

Comment

i used the pro strength for 4 months, dont believe it helped my severe mgd sadly. I'll have to keep doing combined probing and ipl periodically however my lower glands are so truncated, im very symptomatic and my NI BUT is 6 seconds.

I hope the Azura AZR ointment comes out next year, as it promotes lipogenesis - increased meibum output !!!

I also have cn pain but that is due to severe mgd. Regener Eyes has not helped this.

MGD is complex and is multi factorial. Regener Eyes can work on some types of mgd

Comment

I have MGD and neuropathic pain. Regener-eyes is one of many things I've tried (you have to keep trying things). I used 3 bottles of the Lite version and 1 bottle of the Pro version before discontinuing. It was very irritating to my eyes. I had to put in lubricating drops first, just to tolerate it. I pushed through, because I was desperate and hopeful. The company claimed only severe cases seemed to be irritated upon instilling the drops. I did not see the benefit so I stopped using the product.

Comment

Originally posted by drawn_in View Post
          I have MGD and neuropathic pain. Regener-eyes is one of many things I've tried (you have to keep trying things). I used 3 bottles of the Lite version and 1 bottle of the Pro version before discontinuing. It was very irritating to my eyes. I had to put in lubricating drops first, just to tolerate it. I pushed through, because I was desperate and hopeful. The company claimed only severe cases seemed to be irritated upon instilling the drops. I did not see the benefit so I stopped using the product.
          drawn_in
          Is anything helping to improve your mgd?
          Last edited by orange86; 03-Feb-2022, 13:05.

Comment

Regener-Eyes is an unapproved drug being deceptively marketed as though it were in compliance with FDA requirements. As a biologic drug that has undergone no clinical trials whatsoever and is not making itself accountable to regulatory oversight, it may pose risks. For more information, please visit biologieyedrops.org.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
              Regener-Eyes is an unapproved drug being deceptively marketed as though it were in compliance with FDA requirements. As a biologic drug that has undergone no clinical trials whatsoever and is not making itself accountable to regulatory oversight, it may pose risks. For more information, please visit biologieyedrops.org.

Hey Rebecca. I appreciate you exposing regener-eyes for the risks their product poses. After undergoing lasik though, I will never give FDA approval any weight in judging whether a product is safe. Trusting the FDA is why a lot of us are on this message board in the first place.

Comment

I understand how you feel. My eye problems all came from LASIK too. But I think you're oversimplifying the FDA issue. Yes we know they've let us down in things. (And they're letting us down badly right now by failing to take enforcement action against the biologic drug manufacturers!) The FDA doesn't singlehandedly tell us whether things are good or bad but the relationship between companies and the FDA can tell us some very useful things about whether to even consider a product or not.

Some of the issues we are concerned with for example are (a) do we really want to trust companies that lie to us and refuse to make themselves accountable to anyone anywhere for their safety standards, especially when we're dealing with biologic material that may be carrying disease if not tested properly and (b) we shouldn't be deceived by the promise of better treatments when the companies so obviously haven't put in any work at all (no science, no clinical trials, nothing whatsoever).
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                  I understand how you feel. My eye problems all came from LASIK too. But I think you're oversimplifying the FDA issue. Yes we know they've let us down in things. (And they're letting us down badly right now by failing to take enforcement action against the biologic drug manufacturers!) The FDA doesn't singlehandedly tell us whether things are good or bad but the relationship between companies and the FDA can tell us some very useful things about whether to even consider a product or not.

Some of the issues we are concerned with for example are (a) do we really want to trust companies that lie to us and refuse to make themselves accountable to anyone anywhere for their safety standards, especially when we're dealing with biologic material that may be carrying disease if not tested properly and (b) we shouldn't be deceived by the promise of better treatments when the companies so obviously haven't put in any work at all (no science, no clinical trials, nothing whatsoever).
                  I would agree with most of that. The studies submitted by companies to the FDA can be of some use assuming they are performed correctly and the data is not fudged.

As for the biologic eye drops. I agree they're sketchy and I wouldn't wanna use them.

Comment

Originally posted by orange86 View Post

drawn_in
                    Is anything helping to improve your mgd?
                    Sorry, I am just seeing this. I could probably write a book about everything I've tried for improvement (one day I will). At the moment I am realizing how much punctal plugs make a difference. I have my lowers plugged, and one came out recently. I notice a difference without it! I wonder about plugging upper and lower.

To answer your question, punctal plugs and Lipiflow have helped some. Along with lid cleaners and preservative free drops as needed. Gel drops before bed with a sleep mask or wash cloth over the eyes. 40mg lutein helps with (my) floaters and eye strength. I'm always searching for answers...if I find them, I will certainly share.

Comment

I just found this forum and am finding it very helpful. I do have a question regarding Regener Eyes. I was watching a Youtube blog yesterday, July 6, 2023, and Rebecca Petris mentioned this product. I came away thinking that this is a product that might be helpful. After reading the various posts on here, I'm beginning to think the product is not so good. An explanation on this would be very helpful.

Comment

Hi PhyllisE

The Dry Eye Foundation has been running an information campaign to warn the public against Regener-Eyes for more than a year. There is an entire website dedicated to information about it: https://www.biologiceyedrops.org/

The FDA issued a warning against Regener-Eyes and a similar product on April 10, 2023. You can read it here.

I have made many videos on this topic that are on YouTube, and I'm confused about how any of them could seem to be recommending this product.

Sincerely,

Rebecca
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                        X