Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral lens and convergence insufficieny

Hey all,

This is a very random one that sort of relates to dry eye....wondering if rings a bell with anyone. I've got medium-ish MGD; mornings are usually ok but by early afternoon they are burning. Xiidra seems to help a bit, as does heat compress. That's step one. Step two is where it gets weird. I was fitted for scleral lenses to relieve the MGD symptoms and they work marvelously. When the sclerals are in, I forget I have dry eye. My vision is 20/20 and the lenses' fit is A+. After 1-4 hours of the lenses being in (it varies), I begin to get really strained muscles in my temples and then headaches. As soon as I take the sclerals out, the issue goes away. Problem is the dry eye returns.

I brought this up to my ophthalmologist and she kind of shrugged. Did some testing and said I have mild convergence insufficiency. Does it make sense to anyone that I would only have CI symptoms with a specific pair of sclerals in? When I'm wearing my prescription glasses or sunglasses, I have no issues. I've tried prism glasses over the sclerals with no luck. Something doesn't add up.

Anyone have any ideas or heard of this?
Working...
X