No announcement yet.

need some car travel advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not tried that stuff, as Panoptx company told me not to use any "anti-fogging" sprays. Maybe what you mention is okay, I don't know. I'm getting ready to try it anyway as I'm tired of the endless fogging. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Dry eye Pain anti-fogging methods

Not sure if this has been posted, but dry eye pain info says:

http://dryeyepain.com/GG3-DefogCare.htm#fogging

Billye

Comment

Scuba divers spit on their mask, rub it around then one quick rinse to prevent fogging.

I keep that spray mist in my car for when I'm driving and need drops but don't want to pull over. It's the only way I know to wet my eyes while driving, although that's the only time I use the mists.

Charmee

Comment

If your Panoptx are fogging, is it with or without the head strap? I'm I'm out on a windy day or on a boat or something I have to wear the strap. Other than that, in the state I'm in these days I can tolerate the goggles without the strap. Therefore, there's a fair exchange of air and therefore no fogging.

The only time I really get fog is I'm I'm sweating and wearing the strap or if I've just washed my Panoptx. It takes a long time for that foam to dry. If the foam is damp, I get immediate fogging of the lenses. So when my Panoptx needs to be cleaned I rinse with water as directed and rub the lenses. Then I let them air dry overnight.
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

heaters

I have a mini-van with dual heat controls. I find that leaving the front heaters off, the ones the blow on the front seat passengers, and just using the heat controls for the rear helps. The van stays warm enough, but without the annoying air currents.
            Of course, this isn't much help for those without dual heat controls.....

Comment

Good Idea

Thanks jcorbett,
              We went to Mayo the first week of Dec and had to rent a van to go. It had dual controls also and that's what we did. I forgot to mention this until I read this post. It really helped. We had to run the heater all the way and doing this kept the windshield defrosted most of the time.

Billye

Comment

Working...
              X