Addicted to Dry eye talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet, DEZ?

I just thank GOD for the internet! It is like having a personal link to 100 consultants available 100% of the time for my problem. I've had to dig DEEP to cope with, I understand, MILD dry eye. Internet and DEZ have been a life saver.
    Thanks
    Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

I think I too probably fall into this "addicted" catagory a bit. I'm addicted because this is the only place I can feel "normal". No where else can anyone really understand what we have to cope with. I don't know any dry eye sufferers in person. I am 100 percent convinced that this site is the resource that has helped me the most both with my eye comfort and my mental health. The people here know more about helping and coping with dry eye discomfort than any doctor I've been to so far.
      But I can see how at times, especially before you learn to really cope with this condition, that being on here all the time is unhealthy. I know my goal and probably most everyone's goal is to go on with their life despite their dry eyes and learn to put the DES in the background. If a person lives on this site and their condition is always at the forefront of their mind then I think it is unhealthy and counter-productive. There really is a time when it becomes necessary to shut off the computer and think about something besides dry eyes.

Comment

Working...
      X