This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble posting Private Messages

I am having problems sending Private messages. I am logged in, type up my reply and go to send my reply and I get the message "No longer logged in!" Then I lose my complete message!! How frustrating! What am I doing wrong?

same happened to me.several times...grrr!

Comment

My new thread didn't go into NEW POSTS

Comment

I don't have the solution to this problem but as a temporary fix I'd recommend doing the following before clicking on "reply":
        - Select all the text you have written by pressing Control + A
        - Copy all the text you have written by pressing Control + C
        - Now click on reply
        - If you get logged out, log back in, go back to replying to the message, and press Control + V to paste your message into the box, then click reply.

Comment

Sorry guys I wasn't online this weekend. I'll check it out and see what I can do.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Not sure this a new phenomenon Rebecca ?. I can recall this happening to me some time ago.
            A Yellow alert pops-up "Auto saved in drafts" if youre not quick enough, perhaps it's something to do with that?.

Here's hoping this message has saved????...

Comment

Just incase anyone is wondering?... It did!..

Comment

Happens to me all the time, I am new here and have so far lost 2 very long posts I had typed. guess I will have to keep them short

Comment

Originally posted by chads38 View Post
                  Happens to me all the time, I am new here and have so far lost 2 very long posts I had typed. guess I will have to keep them short
                  Yeah, this has happened to me too... I now copy every post I write before clicking the reply button just in case I lose it... at least that way I can just paste it back without rewriting the whole thing!

Hopefully Rebecca can adjust something in the forum settings to fix this... it only started happening maybe a few weeks or months ago as far as I can tell.

Comment

Wow, I'm sorry guys that I didn't notice the earlier posts about this and follow up. I don't have any idea what's causing this... I'll see what I can do.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

So I have been hanging around here off and on for a long time, and this problem has been ongoing since the beginning.

It has happened to me many times.

I now compose my whole post (unless it is a very short one) offline using a Word doc and then copy and paste it to the thread.

If I do get timed out while trying to compose a short post, I use the back button on the browser and sometimes it will show the page you were working on (even if you are logged out). I copy my text, log back in and then paste it to the thread. That doesn't always work but it has worked for me a few times.

Comment

Rebecca, years ago I had an email exchange with your IT guy (the Great Almighty) about this. I think he said that the site had a 15 minute time-out. Does that still exist? If it does, that may be the problem since the site may think the user is inactive while composing a long post. It could easily be more than 15 minutes to write a long post and the site would automatically log the user out after the 15 minutes of inactive use.

Just my 2 cents . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X