Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: eyes are nearly free of all red veins!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: eyes are nearly free of all red veins!!!!

Hello everyone

I have an update regarding my bloodshot red veins in eyes issue. Recently in the last week I upped the dosage to 6000mg Taurine per day from 3000mg and today I woke to see that one of the large red veins in my right eye had faded and disappeared!!!! In addition, my left eye has also nearly completely cleared of red eye veins!!!!

Thank you Taurine!!!! As a note I also take curcumin and propolis but it was when I increased the Taurine intake that I started seeing those red veins disappear and transform my sclera back into an egg white porcelain colour!!!

I still use the Vit e eye drops and the Solcoseryl eye gel at night but no longer have eye dryness when I go out.
    Anyhow Happy New Year!!!

Logan x
    Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 31-Mar-2015, 09:52. Reason: Removed reference to ibrite for legal reasons.

I may try this. Is it safe? Are there any side effects? Also do you have lid inflammation to or just on the eye?!

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
      I may try this. Is it safe? Are there any side effects? Also do you have lid inflammation to or just on the eye?!

Thanks for posting!
      Hi faith,

The only side effects I have noticed is that my skin looks great! I've been doing research about Taurine, and in my opinion it is safe and tolerated in high doses. There have been some forums where a woman was saying since Taurine was a sulfur based amino acid that it causes candidasis, however all medical research points to the opposite, that sulfur inhibits and kills candida.

I had a bit of inflammation on my left eyelid, but that went away when I used the Vit e oil drops. Also I switched the propolis in my regimen with L-Arginine, which i found also affects the suppression of the veins.

Fyi: There has been some misinformation about l-arginine on the Internet, but according to my comprehensive research it is also a potent inactivator of fungi, yeast, viruses and there are two global companies right now that are trying to patent arginine induced death in viral cells because according to recent medical research arginine causes irrevocable damage to viruses and inactivates them through nitric oxide.

I would extrapolate that if you have red eyes caused by viral conjunctivitis, that l-arginine would be effective as well.

One "side effect" of the l-arginine I found is that it elevates my mood. I feel like I'm flying on air LOL and I have so much energy it's incredible!

Logan x

Comment

This is really interesting. thanks. any idea if this would help with red eyes caused by blepharitis/dry eye/MGD? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sleek822 View Post
          This is really interesting. thanks. any idea if this would help with red eyes caused by blepharitis/dry eye/MGD? Thanks
          Hi Sleek,

I took a brief look at our other posts and there are a couple of things I want to mention:

1. Silica is a preservative that is used in vitamins. You should never take this on its own. I don't know who wrote that post about taking silica, but most likely the vitamin itself was responsible for reducing mucous in eyes. Also

2. mucous in eyes may be symptomatic of candidiasis, a result of taking antibiotics. You might have other symptoms of candida: including becoming tired easily, brain fog, weight gain, cysts on skin etc. please check out candida resource forums.

3. Accutane is a very powerful drug that can damage the liver. You wrote that you had gotten red eyes after taking Accutane. Your red eyes are telling you that there is something going on in our body! To protect your liver, you should stop taking all antibiotics and definitely not the Accutane. I highly recommend milk thistle. It protects your liver from fatty buildup and is a powerful anti inflammatory.

It is my opinion that eyes are the first to warn you of something internal that is happening in your body.

Taurine rebuilds the liver and l-arginine destroys the candida as well. Eye doctors just tell you what they were trained to do, however most only diagnose the surface information, and do not do an entire health evaluation.

Your bloodwork might be normal, but your eyes don't lie. Thank god we have our eyes to tell us that there is something going on internally that we need to fix before we actually develop other symptoms. Please take care of your body and let me know how it goes.

Logan x

Comment

I just went to a nutrition store and purchased these! The lady there pointed out there is Taurine in all the vision supplements they sell. I will give this a chance!

How long did it take? Just wanna know what to expect

Comment

I just went to a nutrition store and purchased these! The lady there pointed out there is Taurine in all the vision supplements they sell. I will give this a chance!

How long did it take? Just wanna know what to expect
              Hi Faith,

For me I took 3000mg taurine for 1 week, and in the 2nd week I started taking 6000mg when I started seeing the results.

Also I take 2000mg arginine before I exercise during the day and I take 6000mg taurine at night with 10mg melatonin at night before I go to bed.

In the morning I take vitamin d 1000mg, kelp 225mcg, vitamin c with dihydroquecetin 2000mg and milk thistle 2000mg

It might seem like a lot but I'm a vegetarian so I don't always get my natural supplementation via food sources.
              If I were you, I would start w a low dosage and then increase gradually as lower dosages might be effective for you, but for me, this is what works. Of course I don't know your medical history so your results might be effective sooner or later...

Let me know how it goes!

Logan x
              Last edited by Logandly; 08-Jan-2014, 00:32. Reason: opps typo- should be 2000mg of L-Arginine not 6000mg

Comment

So the redness hasn't come back at all? I have many red veins in my right eye.. And would do anything to rid them . Only thing that has helped so far is alrex or pataday. I know these aren't long term solutions.. Restasis seems to make things worse in the redness department
                I appreciate all your valuable advice !!

Comment

Hi Faith1989,

I know that you also use serum tears--do you think serum exacerbates redness and/or pain? Sometimes I think serum tears cause more redness and pain, but I don't know if that's just because the general state of my eyes are particularly bad that day. Thanks

Comment

I don't think the serum causes redness no. I think the serum is a tad drying, but I usually use a drop of soothe after. Restasis does cause increased redness but has decreased the dryness maybe? I just want my pearly white eyes back I used to have I am trying this taurine thing !

Comment

Estamos contigo !! Faith . Cuentanos tus avances!

Comment

Originally posted by hosanna13 View Post
                        Hi Faith1989,

I know that you also use serum tears--do you think serum exacerbates redness and/or pain? Sometimes I think serum tears cause more redness and pain, but I don't know if that's just because the general state of my eyes are particularly bad that day. Thanks
                        Hosanna, serum tears have started making my eyes redder/more pronounced veins for some unknown reason to me. I have underlying MGD and I'm starting to think that serum and/or artificial tears are just washing away the oils that hold my tears on my eyes in the first place. I can't explain it. At first they were soothing, but now, especially with the exceptionally low humidity, I think they are drying me out more.

Comment

No tears in ATL, I feel the same way too. I feel my eyes have regressed during these cold winter months. I'm in the midwest, and there's an arctic chill going on right now. I'm thinking I should stop serum tears for a while and see what happens?

Comment

Does anyone on this thread tried restasis? I'm considering cutting back but I'm scared! It has helped the dryness but not the redness, it's made it worse I think!

Comment

Does anyone on this thread tried restasis? I'm considering cutting back but I'm scared! It has helped the dryness but not the redness, it's made it worse I think!
                              Hi Faith,

I have never used restasis- but do you think they are causing the red eyes?

I found this post back from 2007 on this site, please have a look:
                              http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...sis-Eye-Poison

The person wrote: "Ooops, I forgot my Restasis last night, and TheraTears preservative free vials have a replaceable cap? Since going once a day on the Restasis, I started to forget to use my Restasis. I noticed on the nights I forgot, the next day my eyes were better than ever. And sometimes I would forget two nights in a row, but my eyes didn't suffer, they were just fine. I also found out that you could put the caps back on the TheraTears vials."

Comment

Working...
                              X